Falco - New owners questions and pointers

Chat for Falco Owners.

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

Dalemac
Midnight Rider

#16 Post by Dalemac » Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:15 pm

How about "Forks - If the original Showas, check for any signs of metal and/or paint flaking as this may lead to future corrosion".

I don't see how this is any different to "Panels - make sure they are intact...... ".

Yes, it could be prevented/slowed down with more regular maintenance, i'll admit that i haven't given the attention i probably should have, but the bike has always ridden fine and i hadn't hit the mileage for the seals. If i had known this would happen the the forks i would have paid much, much closer attention to them.

I just think for anyone looking to buy a falco its a good point to add to any pre-buy checks. Removing the 4 fairing bolts, lifting the mudguard up and then having a look is only 5 minutes worth of time. I'll definitely be adding this procedure to my monthly checks from now on!

spiderwheels
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

#17 Post by spiderwheels » Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:42 pm

Had it not been for this issue being highlighted recently I wouldn't have even thought to look at mine. The area in question is hidden behind the mudguard and because it's not easily accessible to clean is probably caked in dirt masking any problems.

It doesn't seem like an obvious bit to check even from an on-going maintenance point of view. I would have found a reminder useful :)

As I have the wheel off at the moment I'm going to have a good look (though I have the Marzocchies)
Insert humourous comment here