IMPORTANT - Have you the correct Headlight?

Chat for Falco Owners.

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#31 Post by D-Rider » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:09 pm

crosstowntraffic wrote:Thanks for that D-Rider, have you heard anymore from on yer bike? they seem to be ignoring my email. I'll try and phone them on Saturday.
Not yet - If I've heard nothing at the beginning of next week I'll chase them up.

If none of us get anywhere then publicity through MCN is next .... but I want to make sure the dealers are given opportunity to sort it out before resorting to that.
If that doesn't work I guess it's back to my solicitor mate to confirm the best way forward - I expect this will be the small-claims courts.

DavShill
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#32 Post by DavShill » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:11 am

Had mine checked on saturday. On the uk headlight, as described in DR drawing, there is a slight but definite kick up to the left. I hadn't noticed before but it's certainly there.

paddyz1
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#33 Post by paddyz1 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:47 am

I have fianally got round to checking mine and it is the euro model. The headlight is a euro type as well. I have not taken it off but it is evident that this is a euro headlight.

Here is the label

And here is the headlight.

This also was brought from DK motorcycles in Stoke

How do the make the headlight UK friendly.

DavShill
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#34 Post by DavShill » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:45 pm

Paddy the easiest and cheapest is to put some tape over the lense. You won't need much. Just line the bike up against a wall about 10 feet away. The beam will be a flat line with a diagonal"kick" up to the right hand side. Just play around with the position of the tape to remove the "kick". A flat beam will get through the MOT.

You can but a clear beam deflector sticker from Halfords too.

crosstowntraffic
Despatch Rider

#35 Post by crosstowntraffic » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:32 pm

Still nothing out of on yer bike :smt011 but the bike passed its MOT on Saturday; no mention about the headlight just looked to see if it was working; didn't even point it at the wall. But did make a comment about how nice the Falco was. Carlsberg don't do MOTs! :smt003 Still aimimg for a new light from the dealer though.

Samray
Double World Champion

#36 Post by Samray » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:33 pm

Carlsberg don't do MOTs!
:smt005

crosstowntraffic
Despatch Rider

#37 Post by crosstowntraffic » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:08 pm

Just had an email from on yer bike They have a new UK headlight for me and can i give them a call to arrange to have it fitted. :smt003

Falcopops
GP Racer
GP Racer

#38 Post by Falcopops » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:43 pm

crosstowntraffic wrote:Just had an email from on yer bike They have a new UK headlight for me and can i give them a call to arrange to have it fitted. :smt003
:smt026
Woo Hoo for you.

Now does this set a precedent?

Could be useful if you get a statement from them as to why they are changing your headlight. It might go a long way to helping others get the same benefit.

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#39 Post by D-Rider » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:06 pm

Falcopops wrote:
crosstowntraffic wrote:Just had an email from on yer bike They have a new UK headlight for me and can i give them a call to arrange to have it fitted. :smt003
:smt026
Woo Hoo for you.

Now does this set a precedent?

Could be useful if you get a statement from them as to why they are changing your headlight. It might go a long way to helping others get the same benefit.
CTT, I'd proceed with caution until the headlight is actually in your possession and there has been no attempt to charge you for the privilege of rectifying your bike.
Once those hurdles are out of the way, I think we can celebrate (and claim a precedent)!

:smt003

crosstowntraffic
Despatch Rider

#40 Post by crosstowntraffic » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:40 pm

No I'm cool never count me whatsits before they thingy. Just happy to have had a positive response at this stage.

Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

#41 Post by Firestarter » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:35 pm

Right, finally got five minutes to take the seat off, and yes, my sticker says EU not UK. Not impressed as I've been completely mis-sold, as they told me it was a UK bike - it's not even UK spec :smt013 . D-R, chalk me up as EU and 2004 model in Flamingo

Off to phone Motorcycle Centre tomorrow morning.

Don't want to hijack/de-rail (I'll start a new thread if there's a substantial answer) - apart from the headlight, are there any other differences between a UK bike and an EU bike? If we're going for headlight changes, should we be looking at anything else as well?

crosstowntraffic
Despatch Rider

#42 Post by crosstowntraffic » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:27 pm

- apart from the headlight, are there any other differences between a UK bike and an EU bike? If we're going for headlight changes, should we be looking at anything else as well?

Well the EU bikes are just that little bit more arrogant enjoy a few glasses of wine and eat garlic whereas the Uk bikes binge drink and eat curries; oh and of course the EU bikes are faster especially the red ones. :smt118[/quote]

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#43 Post by D-Rider » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:06 pm

crosstowntraffic wrote:
- apart from the headlight, are there any other differences between a UK bike and an EU bike? If we're going for headlight changes, should we be looking at anything else as well?

Well the EU bikes are just that little bit more arrogant enjoy a few glasses of wine and eat garlic whereas the Uk bikes binge drink and eat curries; oh and of course the EU bikes are faster especially the red ones. :smt118
Don't forget they're all left-hand drive and can only take fuel that's paid for in euros .........

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#44 Post by D-Rider » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:22 pm

Firestarter wrote: Off to phone Motorcycle Centre tomorrow morning.

Don't want to hijack/de-rail (I'll start a new thread if there's a substantial answer) - apart from the headlight, are there any other differences between a UK bike and an EU bike? If we're going for headlight changes, should we be looking at anything else as well?
For an EU type-approved bike, the VCA requires the following for it to be registered in UK:

Don't think our indicators are any different to proper UK models so apart from the hreadlight there's just the speedo. Ours is switchable so I don't see that there is really anything to worry about other than the headlight.

fastasfcuk
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#45 Post by fastasfcuk » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:28 am

nice work andy,i'll give DK a ring.