IMPORTANT - Have you the correct Headlight?

Chat for Falco Owners.

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

DavShill
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#46 Post by DavShill » Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:28 pm

What's the latest on the replacement units chaps. Any joy yet?

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#47 Post by D-Rider » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:07 pm

DavShill wrote:What's the latest on the replacement units chaps. Any joy yet?
Thanks for the prompt Dave - I was only thinking this morning that we ought to find out if anyone has got anywhere with this.

I've phoned OnYerBike several times and each time I'm told that the replacement headlight is on order and they are waiting for it to arrive. A week and a half ago they expected it "within the week" ... so I'll have to chase them again.
DavShill wrote: Any joy yet?
As for Joy - yes I've been married to her for 26 years ............

Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

#48 Post by Firestarter » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:24 pm

Emailed Motorcycle centre about 3 weeks ago, funnily enough no response. I might ask for prices on the new Tuono to see if they're reading their emails...

Going to phone them this week when I get back from travelling and see what they're going to do, just need the time to follow it through

crosstowntraffic
Despatch Rider

#49 Post by crosstowntraffic » Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:45 pm

I am booked in at on yer bike this Saturday Afternoon from 2pm to have a new UK head lamp fitted. Had a conifmation email that they had one for me on 23 Oct, tried to get them to send it out but they weren't having it. Hope it is not a wasted journey.

Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

#50 Post by Firestarter » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:16 pm

Who's actually footing the bill for any lights that have been sorted - the dealer, or Aprilia UK? Just might give me a bit more leverage when I eventually phone MCO...

Ta muchly

Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

#51 Post by Firestarter » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:37 pm

Hmmm, gotta wonder, why?

WhyWhyWhy?

crosstowntraffic
Despatch Rider

#52 Post by crosstowntraffic » Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:27 pm

Just got back from a very cold 150 mile round trip to on yer bike where they fitted a brand spanking new UK headlight completetly free of charge. The lady in the service reception wasn't giving much away but she said a "few" have been done as "it happens sometimes". I got the impression that Aprilia will be picking up the tab as they insisted I went in for it to be fitted they would not send it out. I am guessing the old one and their service worksheet gets sent off to Aprilia for a refund. If any of you need to sort this through on yer bike then speak to Craig Polden the After Sales Manager on 01296 655569.

Fausto
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#53 Post by Fausto » Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:09 pm

Firestarter wrote:Hmmm, gotta wonder, why?

WhyWhyWhy?
well if I bust mine I would consider it... as an affordable repair. After all not all MOT ers are failing them.

Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

#54 Post by Firestarter » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:49 am

Well spoke to MCO this morning, they're going to look into it with Aprilia and get back to me. Didn't sound overly enthusiastic - I'm just hoping the Aprilia agree to pick up the tab otherwise I'm guessing I'll be arguing over who is responsible for sorting it out.

First suggestion was "we can put some beam deflectors on it for the MOT..." :smt013

Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

#55 Post by Firestarter » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:19 pm

Well, a week on and no news. Just spoke to MCO, who are still looking for the original invoice - so they've done nothing about it :smt013

Politely pointed out that I'm currently without a bike as it can't be MOT'd, don't think that made any difference whatsoever. So I'm going to fax a copy of the invoice to them on Monday, hopefully that will start things moving.

Grrrr :smt012

Falcomille
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

Euro headlamps

#56 Post by Falcomille » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:57 pm

Just picked up on this thread after a few months absence... if anyone has a LHD headlamp unit now surplus to requirements, I shall be happy to buy it off them for a few quid. I'm exporting mine in February. As I'm keeping UK registration for the first couple of years, I shall need my RHD for MOT purposes.

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#57 Post by D-Rider » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:52 am

Woo Hoo !!!

OnYerBike phoned me today ... my UK headlight has arrived - just got to arrange for them to fit it now.
Think they would have been happy to ship it out to me to fit had they not needed the other one back. I presume they are sending that back to Aprilia.

I'll let you know when the job's completed!

Anyone else made any more progress?

Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

#58 Post by Firestarter » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:05 pm

Some progress today - MCO have confirmed that the bike should have been a UK bike, and should therefore have had a UK headlight (not sure who they've confirmed it with, from their invoice or from Aprilia UK, but I don't care, they've confirmed that it should be UK). So, they're now trying to source a UK headlight for me :smt003

They also said they've heard of a few other instances of this, so word seems to be getting round the dealers.

Now I guess it's just a waiting game until they get one sorted. :smt012

HowardQ
World Champion

#59 Post by HowardQ » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:49 pm

Just a silly question on this, I assume all of you who are chasing suppliers for new headlights are chasing the dealers who you bought the bikes off new.
I bought mine of eBay from the 1st owner who bought it new from DK.
Mine was registered by DK as an official UK bike (not an import), but I have not bothered chasing it up as I didn't think I would get any joy. It is a Euro headlight, but has always gone through the MOT OK, 3 with me and one by the previous owner. Certain it was marked as a UK model on the sticker last time I saw it, but it fell off and blew away a year or so ago, (you get a lot of windblast on the fast black versions :smt004 ).

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#60 Post by D-Rider » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:08 pm

Yes Howard - we've been chasing the dealers who sold our bikes to us in the first place.

I think you may have a bigger problem if you bought it second hand. Your contract will be with the person who sold it to you and, although not an expert, I think the only person that has recourse with the original dealer is the person who bought it from them.

I think that a private seller has fewer obligations so you probably wouldn't get far chasing them .... if you could find them.

As I say, I'm not an expert in these things so don't take what I say as an authoritative comment.