Chat for Falco Owners.

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

Greg
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

I've been away ..

#1 Post by Greg » Wed May 10, 2023 12:11 pm

Alright gents? ... it's been a while!

I had a little mental wander just now and thought about you Falconistas and wondered whether the site was still going, and to my delight I find it is!

I've still got my old girl, although she's resting under a layer of dust and grime in my neighbour's garage waiting for me to pull my finger out and get some projects finished before putting her on the bench again.

I don't know if I got to post anything about my 'incident', but needless to day it involved a somewhat comical combination of perpendicular and horizontal motorcycling resulting from the Falco being delightfully devoid of any rider aids whatsoever which kinda set the scene for the following years ... the outcome of the incident was a severely crushed right foot and broken fibula followed by a couple of years recuperating in various stages of surgical recovery from which I am thankfully largely recovered, and have happily been back on bikes for a few years. The lack of ABS on the Falc meant that she was usurped by a '14 V4 Tuono which was just bonkers, so bonkers in fact that I sold it a year later and bought a '19 1100 V4T Factory which upped the bonkers quotient by about 100%. Sense and sensibility prevailed however, and last year the V4T went (and for a small profit too!) and in came a rather spiffing 2016 Caponord 1200 Rally... Still an Aprilia, but not a f*cking BMW...!

The modernity of the 'new' bikes have meant that they don't need too much spannerage, so my love of classic Japanese two strokes has blossomed, and an RG500, RD350LC (both now gone sadly), a '71 Yamaha YR5, a '72 Suzuki T125 Stinger and a '72 Suzuki T350 Rebel are currently in residence in the man-cave.. The Falco is waiting patiently for the Rebel to vacate the bench at which time the plan to transplant an RSVR Factory motor will finally become a reality..

Anyway - that's it in a nutshell - I'll get some pics of the Falc sometime soonish..!

Cheers - Greg
You don't get a warm-up lap for life...

Ben
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer
Main bike: Kawasaki ZX-10R

Re: I've been away ..

#2 Post by Ben » Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:03 pm

...wow those are some big injuries. I'm not surprised the Falco is gathering (and no doubt will continue to gather) a layer of dust!