Comfort 'upgrades' for Falco

Chat for Falco Owners.

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

Falco Frank
SuperSport Racer
SuperSport Racer

Comfort 'upgrades' for Falco

#1 Post by Falco Frank » Wed May 18, 2022 9:07 pm

I was on the verge of buying some height adjustable handlebars when I decided to stop and try again with lowering the gear footrest (as I have a problem with that hip)...

Here are the German made bars I took a fancy to, this is medium height, there are higher and lower:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/403617339421
adjustable bars.jpg
adjustable bars.jpg (146.86 KiB) Viewed 6891 times
Meanwhile, I've nearly finished the footrest lowering but its been a nightmare!
I had a single Lucas/TRW (German again as at least most stuff is certified) rearset plate but for the RHS, however swapped over to the over side the angle is altered and gives a good base for directly dropping the peg height.

TRW Website (but I'm unsure if the plates are still actually made):
https://www.trwaftermarket.com/en/motor ... ng-plates/

Sadly, this would not work with the Falco gear shifter plate but, I managed to bag a cheap pair of Tuono plates on eBay. Weeks later of swearing and mashing my fingers has resulted in:
2022 gear shift.jpg
2022 gear shift.jpg (229.55 KiB) Viewed 6891 times
I didnt realise how SEVERE a change it actually is, the drop over the OEM is 100mm - yes, 4 inches!
The only downsides are now I'll have to eventually convert the other side and I'm not convince about the 'cheese hole' ankle plate :smt046

Can't wait to get out for a ride!
Last edited by Falco Frank on Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
01 Hyper Falco / 93 - 900ss Ducati (944cc)

My Ducati Alter-ego = Iconic944ss

Lttlcheeze
Despatch Rider

Re: Comfort 'upgrades' for Falco

#2 Post by Lttlcheeze » Tue May 24, 2022 12:47 pm

Looks like you are missing a bolt on the 'cheese hole' plate.

I still have the stock Falco rear sets, but I changed out my shifter for a RSV/Tuono one that doesn't have a linkage. It gives me a reverse shift pattern, but I prefer it that way. Another benefit tho, is no issues with gear shift linkage if you adjust the rear sets.

As for the bars, I have a set of Convertibars.
https://www.convertibars.com/
It looks like it gives all the adjustability of the set you linked, worth checking out.
You will run out of room at full lock with either the tank or fairing long before you run out of adjustment. I have mine adjusted as far back & up I could get without cutting any plastics.

mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

#3 Post by mangocrazy » Wed May 25, 2022 12:30 pm

I did think about convertibars, but they only give you vertical adjustment. I wanted the bars higher AND further back, so came up with the (admittedly not particularly aesthetically pleasing) solution I've detailed in a different thread.

Falco Frank
SuperSport Racer
SuperSport Racer

#4 Post by Falco Frank » Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:53 pm

I have FINALLY got around to obtaining another set of rear-set plates; this time from Italy.
First noted via eBay but they were very easy to deal with via their own website:
https://www.sandrokan.com/tutto-per-la- ... 8220075185

Not as much drop or options as the TRW plates but much easier to work with & I decide to retain the Falco brake bracket instead of trying the Tuono, its a nice improvement for me and my broken hips are liking the extra comfort...
2 Italian adapters and Falco brake hanger.jpg
2 Italian adapters and Falco brake hanger.jpg (649.32 KiB) Viewed 6038 times
01 Hyper Falco / 93 - 900ss Ducati (944cc)

My Ducati Alter-ego = Iconic944ss