Chat for Falco Owners.

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

Ronyag67
Pizza Delivery Rider
Pizza Delivery Rider

Throttle cables

#1 Post by Ronyag67 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:29 pm

Hi I have a 1999 Falco I have fitted higher handle bars
The throttle cables are a tight fit but the work ok but they are not in the best position
I was wondering if Tuono cables are longer and if the cables have the same or similar fittings on them
I hav tried searching around but I can’t find any details on the cable lengths any help will be much appreciated many thanks :

mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

Re: Throttle cables

#2 Post by mangocrazy » Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:43 pm

I beleive that Tuono cables are longer, but wouldn't like to stake my life on it. The best way would either be to check the fiches for part numbers on somewhere like Ultimateparts.net. If they're different for Tuono and Falco, chances are the Tuono cables are longer. The other way is to ring up Griff at AP Workshops in Tamworth. He'll know.

If all else fails, I'd give Venhill a ring. They make up custom cables of any length you require, but will probably be a bit pricier than OE Aprilia.

https://www.venhill.co.uk/bespoke/cables/

Oh, and welcome to the forum! There's loads of Falco-related info here, so the search function is your best friend...

blinkey501
World Champion

Re: Throttle cables

#3 Post by blinkey501 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:52 pm

The Tuono cables are indeed longer. That's the normal modification when fitting high rise bars to a falco.
Tolerance will be our undoing.