Colour match for black framed (2004 onwards) Falco required.

Chat for Falco Owners.

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

Colour match for black framed (2004 onwards) Falco required.

#1 Post by mangocrazy » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:35 pm

Yesterday I suffered a bit of a mishap when putting my Falco on an Abba stand, and now have a section of frame near the swingarm pivot that has most of the paint removed. Is anyone aware of paint that closely matches the black frame colour on the later Falcos? Rattle can would be ideal, I can mask off the surrounding areas, but am aware that there are as many shades of black as of any other colour.

Really pissed off that I could make such a stupid mistake, but want to make the repair as unnoticeable as possible...

fatboy
World Champion

Re: Colour match for black framed (2004 onwards) Falco required.

#2 Post by fatboy » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:51 pm

If you get stuck you could try one of those places that colour match the shade and make a rattle can of it for you.
Don't feel too bad over the stand mishap, I've done it more than once
Despite checking the lift pins are in place one of them decides to move just as you lift.
Never had the same problem with any other bike
Cleverly disguised as an adult !

mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

#3 Post by mangocrazy » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:31 pm

Yeah, I did feel a complete klutz afterwards. Thankfully a mate was in the next room and we were able to manhandle it back to safety. I'll investigate the colour matching angle, cheers.

FalcoDaz
Despatch Rider

#4 Post by FalcoDaz » Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:56 pm

Hi Mango, did you ever find a colour match or get anything mixed?

mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

#5 Post by mangocrazy » Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:48 pm

Hi Daz,

No, I've (sort of) learned to live with it. I guess I should take the old girl into somewhere that matches up paint chips to see if they can find a suitable match. Once it's back on the road (I'm in the middle of putting different bars on it to make it easier on my back and arms) I'll definitely follow that up.

How's things? Still got the Falco?

Graham

FalcoDaz
Despatch Rider

#6 Post by FalcoDaz » Sun May 08, 2022 8:30 am

Hi Graham,

Sorry for the tardy reply, I've not been very active on here recently. Yes indeed I still have my beloved Falco. Just had to buy a replacement oil cooler (imported from USA, second-hand) as I have a leak, so I came here looking for hose kits. I think I'll try and use the manual, fowlers and pictures of the Mille kits by Samco to see how many of the hoses might fit.
I was also looking to get some of the silver bits (peg hangers, maybe swing arm) powder coated to match the frame, hence the question about the colour match. There's a local powder coater near me who might be able to match the colour if I can get the bike to him.
Is you bar conversion going to require fairing mods? Such a pity to cut it. If/when I get to that stage I think I'll get a replacement fairing and still keep the original unmolested.
Thanks for replying and ride safe.