Data Tool fool

Chat for Falco Owners.

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

HisNibbs
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

Data Tool fool

#1 Post by HisNibbs » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:44 pm

It's all elec-mystery to me. I'm trying to put the Falco back together and when I connect up the battery the alarm goes off and doesn't stop even when clicking the fob etc, until I disconect the battery. I'm guessing it's an anti tampering circuit of some sort. I have no lights front rear or indicators wired in but can't see any extra alarm specific connections I haven't made. Any ideas?
Don't put off 'till tomorrow what you can enjoy today

mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

#2 Post by mangocrazy » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:55 pm

Are you particularly attached to the alarm? If not, I'd suggest eliminating it from the loom. Unless you stumble across the cause fairly quickly, the removal approach will probably save time. I removed the Datatool alarm from the blue Falco as soon as I got it, just identified all the spliced wires on the back left of the subframe, cut out the additions, then taped and shrink-wrapped all junctions.

KitchenSync
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

#3 Post by KitchenSync » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:10 pm

I removed my Falco's datatool when having problems - "It's the alarm" being the perceived wisdom of the crowd so out it came.
It wasn't the problem after all - two months later the bike was stolen by scooter kiddies from a busy car park in Nottingham. *sob*
2002 Signor Falco - stolen in Nottingham, ringed and alive again down south under an assumed identity
2002 Futura - King Fut
2011 Skyteam Bongo 125 - reimagined as Daryl's ride from The Walking Dead

Greg
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

#4 Post by Greg » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:43 pm

I've had two bikes now with Datatool alarms - both have given me problems ...
You don't get a warm-up lap for life...

mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

#5 Post by mangocrazy » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:08 am

It's a moot point whether an alarm would have deterred scooter kiddies. A big, fuck off chain might have (unless they go armed with battery angle grinders, of course).