Oil Level / Consumption

Chat for Falco Owners.

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

Greg
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

Oil Level / Consumption

#1 Post by Greg » Fri May 10, 2019 5:27 pm

Ok, So I could be arsed to do the Welsh Rally, which involved quite a lot of riding at a quick-ish pace.. Now, to date I've not noticed any significant oil consumption, but before the Rally the level was about two inches above the line, but when I looked a day or so ago it wasn't even in the pipe - shock! I topped it up and it took about 300/400ml to get it back to where it was before.

Normal or fucked?

This may have a bearing on my other recent post.

G
You don't get a warm-up lap for life...

fatboy
World Champion

#2 Post by fatboy » Fri May 10, 2019 6:46 pm

Oil level has been a source of headfuck since I owned the bike....
Doing an oil change, the correct amount of oil fails to register in the tube,warm the bike up and nothing visible, add oil to bring it up to the minimum , fire it up again and below the minimum again, we are now over the 3.8l capacity .....
Walk away from the bike, next day oil is around the minimum level, day after its halfway between min/max, day after its near max,day after its over max....
If it's fucked then it will look like a Stroker and smell like a tractor on start up
Cleverly disguised as an adult !

mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

#3 Post by mangocrazy » Sat May 11, 2019 5:19 pm

Yeah, I'm convinced that the motor has a secret chamber it diverts oil into when it wants your attention. You see the low oil level, fill it back up and the motor goes 'Hah! Fooled ya!' and adds back its secret stash of oil just to flummox and confound you.

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#4 Post by D-Rider » Sat May 11, 2019 7:09 pm

Ah, the joys of measuring oil in a dry sump motor.
Follow the procedure in the owner's manual or you will just get nonsense.
“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein