Exhaust options?

Chat for Falco Owners.

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

Pan
Despatch Rider

Exhaust options?

#1 Post by Pan » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:42 pm

Mainly out of curiosity, is there any upside other than weight in swapping the standard 2 can falco exhaust system to a single can one from an RSV? Obviously weight can be shed by fitting on a pair of race cans and retaining the standard falco headers. I've seen the phrase exhaust mod kicked around a bit but what's involved and is it worth doing?

Ta,
Mark

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#2 Post by D-Rider » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:00 am

I've gone for a single can. Yes it saves a bit of weight - though a pie-free diet would probably do a better job.
I prefer the looks - but that's a personal opinion thing.
It increases the choice of cans and (obviously) you only need to buy one rather than 2.

It is a bit of a faff - you either need to change the oil tank and oil cooler plumbing to match the Mille exhaust routing or re-work the mid-section to work with the Falco oil tank. If you are going for the mille-mid-section (newer style - yes there are two variants) you may well want to do the exhaust mod - and if you are doing that, then re working to fit with Falco headers is only a bit more welding.

BTW there is no exhaust mod for the Falco - the standard system has two outlets that actually join in the mid section.
“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein

Pan
Despatch Rider

#3 Post by Pan » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:34 am

Thanks for the info but basically there is no noticeable change in power ? Anyone got pictures of the Mille exhaust mod?

Mark

Aladinsaneuk
Aprilia Admin

#4 Post by Aladinsaneuk » Thu May 23, 2019 6:52 pm

As the old git says - you would have more Mille choices

The twin pipe set up is what I prefer but I am using Mille renegade high mounts so I did swop the oil tank etc!

Let's face it, you wouldn't go to a nurse to get good advice on a problem with a Falco - you'd choose an Engineer or a mechanic...