Alternative Givi rack fitting.

Chat for Falco Owners.

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

jjdugen
Despatch Rider

Alternative Givi rack fitting.

#1 Post by jjdugen » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:35 pm

Hi all
As mentioned earlier, my mate has dropped a quick tour onto me, down to and around Cornwall next week. I could just strap a luggage roll on the back, but they are not secure and it offends my eyes.
Had a cast around my junk pile (aka really useful stuff that will come in handy sometime) and found a pair of arms. To my long practiced eye at making things fit, these looked to be ideal. If you Google up the arms for a Suzuki SV650, you will see what I have.
I drilled an 8mm hole through the bottom of the arm and made up a short piece of thickish alloy, two 8mm holes top and bottom.. The bottom of the rail mounts perfectly on the silencer mount, the short alloy piece fits between the grab rail bolt and a handy re-enforced mounting hole in the rack. Bolt it all up with the top plate and its strong and sits in just the right position. Easy peasy and will cost buttons.
There is also a 'skeleton' Bagster strap available that lets you fit a proper tank bag securely. I've had mine for ages but they are available for £35 from Motorcycleheaven web site.
So that's me, ready to go.....
Cheers
CBR900RR-T, Cagiva V-Raptor, Falco. I iike 'em cheap, old, but good!