Updates..

Chat for Falco Owners.

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#106 Post by D-Rider » Wed May 04, 2016 1:01 pm

morepower wrote: If you do get water in that area you can get to it just by opening the cap and as andy pointed out use a syringe.
Though folks, please don't share needles :smt002 :smt009

:smt005
“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein

morepower
Carbon-Based Life Form

#107 Post by morepower » Wed May 04, 2016 6:41 pm

Haha......... Obviously....

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#108 Post by D-Rider » Thu May 05, 2016 6:53 am

That, of course, was a public service announcement for the Falco Knitting Circle ...
“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein

Viking
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

Re: Updates..

#109 Post by Viking » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:01 am

I don't know if this is the best place to post this...

You will want to be careful of the CF tank cracking. Mine developed a crack where the front mounting bracket is bolted to the tank. Probably caused by thermal expansion and contraction and no room to flex because the mounts are all too tight.

I made the stupid mistake of ignoring it for far too long and petrol got into the CF cloth. There's no obvious damage, and it's been fixed now, but I really should have fixed it ages ago.

I got in touch with Richard, as I was prepared to ship the tank all the way from Oz to the UK, but managed to find a two-part CF-compatible resin down here.

Two layers of the stuff appear to have fixed the leak, and I was able to get my arm far enough inside the tank (via the petrol pump mounting hole) to pour the resin where it needed to go - and then left the tank standing on it's nose so the resin stayed put until it cured.

The front mount is now only loosely held on to the frame (good and snug against the tank), so I hope there's enough room for everything to expand and contract...

Cheers,
V

In hindsight, you guys don't get the heat that we do, so this is probably a "hot climate only" problem!

Now I just need to fix the fuel filler and it's breather problem.
It's the V-twin thing. There's just something about it that inline-4s don't have at all, and V-4s don't have enough of.

mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

Re: Updates..

#110 Post by mangocrazy » Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:17 am

That front mounting point is a weak point in the design, I think. It's always been a pain to get everything bolted up, even right from new.