Admin
Admin

MOST IMPORTANT: WE'RE READY TO START !

#1 Post by D-Rider » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:57 pm

We are ready to kick this off.
  • * The brand-new master tank has arrived

* The mould maker has assessed the job and knows how he will make the mould

* Richard has thought about making the tank and knows how that will work

So …. It’s now time to re-confirm our commitment to this project, pay our deposits and get the show on the road.

Who Is In?
    • I know you’ve all said so once but now it’s time to confirm that commitment.
      • Richard needs at least 7 of us in order to go ahead.
        • Therefore, please respond to this thread to confirm you are still in and ready to pay your £400 deposit.

Current Status ....
          I've heard from Nooj - he's confirmed too - It's a Goer (subject to deposits).
          Richard will contact us soon with details for payment.
          It's not too late for others that have wanted one of these to join - we're not limited to 7 - that was the minimum.

Once we’ve got at least 7 signed up, it’s then time to pay our £400 deposits. These are necessary up-front as the mould has to be paid for.
        • Deposits will be paid directly to Richard
          (Although Ridersite has helped this to happen, it is not a purchase through Ridersite and neither Ridersite nor any of those who maintain the forum are involved in the contractual arrangements between purchaser and manufacturer. I don’t anticipate anything going wrong but those of us buying tanks do so as individuals and entirely at our own risk)
        Only when Richard has received 7 deposits is the project truly a goer.
        • At that point the mould will be commissioned and we can sort out a build-order.
        The mould will take about 3 weeks to make and then each tank can be made one after another. Clearly it’s going to take a number of months for them all to be completed.
        When the turn of your tank to be made approaches, you will need to confirm with Richard the spec of your tank (finish, breather etc) and pay the balance. For anyone that has a temporary cash-flow issue, they can be bumped down the order and another person’s tank promoted so that the overall build isn’t delayed.
      That’s it in words …. And here’s a picture …..

Communication:
    • I need to put everyone in touch with Richard so that he can confirm details with you and send you information about how to make payment. I think the easiest way to do this is by email. Richard is happy for me to send you his email address and I hope you are all happy for me to share your email addresses with him. Unless you PM me to tell me this is not OK or to inform me of a more suitable address, I shall use the email addresses that you have used to register with the forum (or since updated). I have sent everyone an email to those addresses – please reply to it so that I can be sure it works. If you haven't received that email, then please PM me with an email address that works!
    The Tank and Options: Fuel Caps:  

Please use this thread to confirm you are "IN" and for general points of clarification.

Hopefully we can keep this clear of our normal chit-chat - quite happy to have another thread for that :smt003
Last edited by D-Rider on Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:46 pm, edited 10 times in total.
“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein

Squishbang
Despatch Rider

Confirmation

#2 Post by Squishbang » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:39 am

Hi D-Rider, I am definitely in.
I feel I will be going for an unlacquered tank that can accept the Aprilia locking cap. Consequently not requiring the the "unfriendly" Bagster breather.
Regards,
Squishbang.

Viking
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#3 Post by Viking » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:37 pm

Hi there!

(Posting from Japan, via some dodgy free WiFi, on my phone.)

Yes. Definitely in for this. Falcopops has my deposit money, to be transferred / delivered when required.
It's the V-twin thing. There's just something about it that inline-4s don't have at all, and V-4s don't have enough of.

Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

#4 Post by Firestarter » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:42 pm

I'm in. Cash waiting...
Aprilia SL1000 Falco '04 in Black & Red

mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

#5 Post by mangocrazy » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:03 am

I'm in. Dosh ready and waiting.

Falcopops
GP Racer
GP Racer

#6 Post by Falcopops » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:02 am

I'm in mate, deposit money for myself and Viking is languishing in Barclays bank looking for a new home.

spiderwheels
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

#7 Post by spiderwheels » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:16 pm

I'm in. Sale of Sofa and/or Ninja should cover it!
Insert humourous comment here

mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

#8 Post by mangocrazy » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:45 am

When do we pony up the cash? I'm heading off to France in under a week and will have limited comms while I'm there, so would like to get this settled sooner rather than later.

morepower
Carbon-Based Life Form

#9 Post by morepower » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:55 am

I did not want to have anyone make a payment for anything not even a deposit until there has been the required number of people actually put their names down and we go from that.. I have the tank here ready to go..

Sorry I had not been back to you all sooner.. I had a few days away at Easter and now I have had 2 days with some awful summer (spring) type cold and only just back to not hallucinating.

You can PM me your details and I will give you the paypal details or bank for the deposit. I will ask if you pay via PayPal it is as "a gift" to save on the fees or simply pay direct into the bank.

morepower
Carbon-Based Life Form

#10 Post by morepower » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:30 am

Just seen Andy's email with your email address's on there... I will message you all later tonight when I have finished work..

morepower
Carbon-Based Life Form

#11 Post by morepower » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:40 pm

One more update. I have spoken to the mould maker who has now ordered in the tooling resins. I dont use the usual cheaper stuff I use the best one for the job so it will not leave me fixing moulds after every tank... The resin will be 10 to 14 days as it is a special order. So it looks like we have until the end of next week to get it all sorted out. Which is good for me too..

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#12 Post by D-Rider » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:27 pm

Next Step:

OK .... The requests for deposits has gone out and I'm sure the transfers are under way.

When Richard confirms that we have received them all and thus the last of the preconditions has been achieved, it'll be time to sort out a build order.
Richard has suggested that Nooj and I act as guinea-pigs and there seems some sense in that - unless there are those that have a real reason for getting theirs as a matter of priority.

I'd like to get a bit ahead of the game and try to start formulating a build order.

Therefore, I'd be grateful if you would all answer the following questions (assuming they are relevant for your requirements):
  • * I don't need my tank before .... (DATE)
    • - Maybe you're going to be away, maybe it'll take a while to rake the balance together, maybe you'll just not get a chance to fit it before this date, maybe something else. I don't need to know the reason - just the date
    * I really need to have my tank by .... (DATE)
    • - If you need to have your tank by a particular date (eg before a particular date so I can take it back to Aus in my luggage), then let me know. If you want to let me know the reason, add a comment or PM me if you want to keep it a bit more quiet.
Of course, another factor I'll consider if all other things are equal is who signed up first.

I'll do my best to help everyone but can't promise that I'll achieve that completely.

I await your responses :smt003 :smt004
“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein

Viking
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#13 Post by Viking » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:50 pm

I do not need my tank before July or August.

(As lovely as it would be to take it home in my luggage, that's just not practical.)
It's the V-twin thing. There's just something about it that inline-4s don't have at all, and V-4s don't have enough of.

mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

#14 Post by mangocrazy » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:59 pm

I can't realistically make use of my tank before July, so if others need theirs before then please take precedence. Between now and the end of June I will be out of the country for over 6 weeks.

Falcopops
GP Racer
GP Racer

#15 Post by Falcopops » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:04 am

I'm in no rush, just as long as I have it before I fly back to Oz in 6 months or so, so I can pack and post it to myself, might even take it on the plane.