Chat for Falco Owners.

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

Key Info: Tank Details

#1 Post by D-Rider » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:26 pm

Tank Details
  • The Carbon Fibre fuel tanks for the Falco will essentially follow the form of the OEM fuel tank. The manufacturing process is very different to that by which the OEM tanks are made and because of this there will be some very minor differences (for example, the carbon tanks cannot be made in a single piece and the bonding of top to base has to be accommodated).
    The carbon fibre tanks will be much lighter than the OEM tanks – possibly saving something like 3Kg.

It is anticipated that the tank capacity of the carbon tanks will be greater than the OEM tanks – mainly due to the thinner walls of the tank. Until one is produced, we can’t be sure how much capacity will be increased.

The tanks will be internally sealed to give resistance to Ethanol.

The tanks will just be tank shells with screw points bonded into them. They will not come with mounting brackets, fuel-pump assemblies, fuel caps, stickers or other such things.
    They will accommodate standard Aprilia brackets, fuel pumps, fuel caps etc.
    Internal drain/breather pipes are NOT included in the carbon tank.
Options
  • Finish:
    • Clear Gloss Lacquer – This is the default option at no additional cost

Clear Matt Lacquer – This is an option but will add £40 to the cost (Richard prefers the look but it does cost more)

Unlacquered finish – no cost option for those that want to take their tank to be painted.

Tinted Lacquer - Richard can put you in touch with Brookfield Restorations who can tint your lacquer – he can even deliver your tank to them. You would be responsible for paying Brookfield Restorations to do the work.
    Breather:
    • Richard will fit a Mocal breather as a no-cost option. This is not “Bagster Cover Friendly” as it sticks up on the top of the tank at the front. Richard does recommend these but understands if people are happy to rely on the breather in their filler cap. You just need to tell him whether you want one or not.
Delivery:
  • UK delivery is included in the price but the cost of overseas delivery is an additional charge.
    Falcopops and Viking, that’s obviously a bigger issue for you. I know you are both visiting UK so IF we can sort out the build schedules so that you get yours while you are here and IF you can juggle your baggage allowances to take them back with you, then maybe we can get around the issue. Happy to discuss.
Price:
  • These prices are for those committing to the initial run of tanks. Subsequent builds are likely to cost more.
    • Cost of tank with UK delivery and no additional-cost options is £800
      • £400 deposit payable at the start of the project
        £400 balance payable prior to your tank being fabricated.

Richard: If I've missed anything of importance or got anything wrong then please flag this up ASAP.
 
“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein

Viking
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#2 Post by Viking » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:43 pm

Too good. :-)

Even though I'll be in the UK, there is utterly zero way I'll be able to carry it home. So its at the mercy of post / freight to get it to me.

As I said before, I'm in no rush to get my tank. I won't be home until June.
It's the V-twin thing. There's just something about it that inline-4s don't have at all, and V-4s don't have enough of.

radialfalco
Despatch Rider

Re: Key Info: Tank Details

#3 Post by radialfalco » Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:08 pm

My god.

Long time ago i wraped my tank with cf but i´ll never could imagine a real cf tank on a Falco

mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

Re: Key Info: Tank Details

#4 Post by mangocrazy » Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:30 pm

Yes, it's real. Light as a very light thing and actually has more capacity than the standard tank. :smt002