AP Workshop Clutch Jet & Seat QR comments

Chat for Falco Owners.

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

Falco Frank
SuperSport Racer
SuperSport Racer

AP Workshop Clutch Jet & Seat QR comments

#1 Post by Falco Frank » Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:59 pm

Great service from Griff's team once again, items arrived two days after ordering.

Thank goodness for this forum as I thought I'd mucked up on seeing that a 75 jet was installed when Griff mentioned a 60 jet in his helpful workshop video:

https://www.apworkshops.co.uk/how-to-vi ... tch-jet-4/

Of course our bikes are more fiddly (or maybe just mine), belly pan removed, sproket cover unbolted but left in place.
3 Vent hoses needed moving out of the way, mine were held in a box shaped wire cage.
Jet is in the same place as the Vid, roughly 12 o'clock (but NOT the deeply recessed bolt).

Using a cocktail stick is a brilliant idea for removal /refit!

Also, getting the right screwdriver fit on a new jet is good to know as if its only a fraction too wide and the screwdriver will not fit in the tunnel or the jet.

I got about 10cc of oil spill but have not had a chance to ride, yet.

Next QR pins.
I didn't have a problem with the std seat using the hex head bolts but, I bought a spare std seat base that has a Sargant seat cover and internals fitted that is very hard to push the sides in for bolt access, hense my reason for trying the pins.

https://www.apworkshops.co.uk/quick-rel ... -pair.html

I had to clean out the existing bolt holes before the pins would screw fully into place.
On the LHS the thread just hits the top of the coil pack!
A locking nut is meant to be fitted to the under side of each pin but, the RHS was enough of a pain to complete so I used some thread lock on the LHS.
My 'new' seat will not fit easily at all. It has to be LHS first then quite some pushing and effort on the other side to land it.
I don't have enough space to use the key ring loops (which I thought was a good, simple idea) for 'pulling the pins' but, I'm not going to be able to remove the seat at all currently without a re-think on the design.
Shame, as its a nice idea with good quality materials at a decent price.

I'll report back :-)
01 Hyper Falco / 93 - 900ss Ducati (944cc)

My Ducati Alter-ego = Iconic944ss

katie1
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer
Main bike: S1000RR, 1290 SDGT

Re: AP Workshop Clutch Jet & Seat QR comments

#2 Post by katie1 » Sun Jun 18, 2023 7:16 am

I used these on an S1000RR seat. Bit of faff to get everything lined up (there's not a lot of room to spare under that seat!) but much neater result. The brand was Loxx, made for boating, keeping tarpaulins down (sort of thing)

https://www.bootsteile-brauer.de/loxx/upper-part/
Attachments
Pop8.jpg
Pop8.jpg (1.93 MiB) Viewed 5790 times
Pop3.jpg
Pop3.jpg (1.7 MiB) Viewed 5790 times
Pop5.jpg
Pop5.jpg (383.71 KiB) Viewed 5790 times
Pop6.jpg
Pop6.jpg (268.81 KiB) Viewed 5790 times
Remember, when you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It is only painful for others.
The same applies when you are stupid.