How will the coronoavirus change the world?

All non-motorcycle related chat in here

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

Ben
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer
Main bike: Kawasaki ZX-10R

How will the coronoavirus change the world?

#1 Post by Ben » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:31 am

After all this has passed (it will pass, won't it?!) what will have changed?

I reckon the 'elbow bump' is here to stay.

I hope the various authorities that collect data on air quality will have loads of great evidence to suggest we should be taking steps to reduce city-centre pollution.

I wonder where more people will be able to justify working from home (for at least 1 day a week) which might cut traffic, pollution and improve quality of life.

What do you think will change?

Gio
Double World Champion

Re: How will the coronoavirus change the world?

#2 Post by Gio » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:00 pm

Ben wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:31 am
After all this has passed (it will pass, won't it?!) what will have changed?

I reckon the 'elbow bump' is here to stay.

I hope the various authorities that collect data on air quality will have loads of great evidence to suggest we should be taking steps to reduce city-centre pollution.

I wonder where more people will be able to justify working from home (for at least 1 day a week) which might cut traffic, pollution and improve quality of life.

What do you think will change?
I don't know what will have changed as I still see people being pigs in supermarkets, as they say a leopard can't change its spots. Pollution is already falling with almost no transport on the roads. I'm glad I'm retired as I've been put on the at risk list, so the next 3 months I'm stuck at home, unless I'm still going to get my chemo done. I've plenty to keep myself busy anyway.
One thing that will change is that the government will leave the laws they are promulgating now in place.
I hate it when people ask if you have a bathroom, I want to say "No we pee in the garden"

fatboy
World Champion

#3 Post by fatboy » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:58 pm

There are some important lessons for humanity to learn from this...
Covid19 originated from a 'wet' market in China, live animals are caged, on display and slaughtered to order.
Inhumane and ticks every wrong box in food production hygiene
We can survive on a lot less than we think we need
We do not need to travel to work in chrome and glass office block in order to satisfy share holders
We need to think about how rapidly we are rapidly screwing the eco system
We do not need drugs because of a runny nose in winter
Cleverly disguised as an adult !

fatboy
World Champion

#4 Post by fatboy » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:22 pm

And I should have put this at the start of my post....
I hope that the selfish fuckers don't get in the way of your chemo Gio, and stay out of the way of people who have more significant health concerns than running out of bloody toilet roll
Cleverly disguised as an adult !

Gio
Double World Champion

#5 Post by Gio » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:58 am

fatboy wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:22 pm
And I should have put this at the start of my post....
I hope that the selfish fuckers don't get in the way of your chemo Gio, and stay out of the way of people who have more significant health concerns than running out of bloody toilet roll
Quick solution to the toilet paper famine, install a shower kit like the Arabs use to clean themselves. Thanks for the cheer up re chemo, seems I've been on it forever, but its only 18 months. A chap I see every round has been going for 12 years, yet he's an inspiration to the rest of us :smt003
I hate it when people ask if you have a bathroom, I want to say "No we pee in the garden"

mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

#6 Post by mangocrazy » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:24 pm

I just hope that it gives everyone pause for thought about the way we live our lives, and the general unsustainability of it all. But I'm not optimistic. I suspect most people will be desperate to get back to how things were, without realising that it's 'the way things were' that led us into this sorry state of affairs.