Corona virus

All non-motorcycle related chat in here

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

fatboy
World Champion

Corona virus

#1 Post by fatboy » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:35 pm

One of our guys has just returned from visiting family in Italy, his Mrs displayed flu like symptoms on return and they have both been told to self isolate...
Now Luigi has been in direct contact with maybe 15 % of the workforce, inderect contact with 98% of the workforce.
Not only does he do his recycling round but then he shunts everybody else's vehicles through the transfer station so the spread possibilities are endless....
And the boss tried to keep this one tto himself
Cleverly disguised as an adult !

Stig
Despatch Rider

Re: Corona virus

#2 Post by Stig » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:50 pm

Luigi has the lurgy?

mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

#3 Post by mangocrazy » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:15 pm

To be honest, I think that all you can do is slow down the spread of the virus. In our interconnected world it's going to spread, no matter what.

yello
Despatch Rider
Main bike: Sorry, it's a Dullville

#4 Post by yello » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:42 am

fatboy wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:35 pm
And the boss tried to keep this one to himself
There's a bit of that going around too! Like there's only fear mongering or denial. It is of course possible to 'play safe' without causing panic... or maybe not.

I reckon it's going to get worse before it gets better (says he, stating the bleedin' obvious!) but how much worse is anyone's guess. Seems like this virus may have a long incubation period and isn't/wasn't being detected, leading to spread and it popping up in seemingly unrelated countries. Italy will be on lock down soon!

Anyone remember that TV series 'The Survivors' back in the 70s ;)

Gio
Double World Champion

#5 Post by Gio » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:33 pm

Its kept me indoors, on all but 2 occasions in the last month, been told by my doctors to keep away from any crowds.
I hate it when people ask if you have a bathroom, I want to say "No we pee in the garden"

fatboy
World Champion

#6 Post by fatboy » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:14 pm

Management are now panicking like fuck as 2 more confirmed cases, both have visited N Italy....
Apparently it takes 5 days for test results to be confirmed,we have been told to use sanitizing hand gel but it has all been panic bought,like the face masks.
The genie is out of the bottle now!

Ben
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer
Main bike: Kawasaki ZX-10R

#7 Post by Ben » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:22 am

Wow, that's pretty worrying. Where in the country are you?

I am a bit concerned when I read about the UK Government's 'stringent way of dealing with cases' which apparently amounts to contacting people who have been on contact with whoever has the virus. That seems about as watertight as a sieve...

fatboy
World Champion

#8 Post by fatboy » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:30 pm

I'm in the Bristol area, first confirmed case in Wales today, bout 20 miles down the road.
If his swab tests come back positive then the entire workforce will need to be tested and isolated.
This is mad shit happening

yello
Despatch Rider
Main bike: Sorry, it's a Dullville

#9 Post by yello » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:10 pm

I read yesterday of someone in Japan that has tested positive for a 2nd time - after having been given the all clear after a first positive test. Now that kinda worries me. Sure, they could have been reinfected (shit happens) but also the virus might have become dormant and then rewoken, or perhaps the tests currently used are not 100% (which is understandable, we're in new territory with covad-19) Who knows? It is "mad shit" indeed.

I must admit, I'm following this one pretty closely and I don't get the feeling that we're on top of it yet. It is concern rather than panic though.

Ben
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer
Main bike: Kawasaki ZX-10R

#10 Post by Ben » Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:41 pm

So Fatboy, is your man who has gone down with it part of the UK's current tally of 20 cases?

I'm just wondering how many get reported vs. how many are out there.

fatboy
World Champion

#11 Post by fatboy » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:13 pm

Not yet sure Ben, we still don't know the swab test results for him and wife,not that I trust management to be honest, if one or both test positive then the entire workforce will need to be tested/isolated and if there are any further positive tests then the chaos begins, we cover a fair old geographic region and interact with thousands of people

mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

#12 Post by mangocrazy » Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:29 pm

I think I might just start re-reading Stephen King's ' The Stand' :smt003

Gio
Double World Champion

#13 Post by Gio » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:57 am

yello wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:10 pm
I read yesterday of someone in Japan that has tested positive for a 2nd time - after having been given the all clear after a first positive test. Now that kinda worries me. Sure, they could have been reinfected (shit happens) but also the virus might have become dormant and then rewoken, or perhaps the tests currently used are not 100% (which is understandable, we're in new territory with covad-19) Who knows? It is "mad shit" indeed.

I must admit, I'm following this one pretty closely and I don't get the feeling that we're on top of it yet. It is concern rather than panic though.
Or maybe the disease has mutated. :smt031
I hate it when people ask if you have a bathroom, I want to say "No we pee in the garden"

Pussyhorse
Despatch Rider

#14 Post by Pussyhorse » Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:31 pm

Using the tube will soon be proper Russian Roulette. :/ More so than it usually is.

Gio
Double World Champion

#15 Post by Gio » Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:24 pm

Pussyhorse wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:31 pm
Using the tube will soon be proper Russian Roulette. :/ More so than it usually is.
Do you use it?