Pussyhorse
Despatch Rider

Re: Corona virus

#16 Post by Pussyhorse » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:40 am

Gio wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:24 pm
Pussyhorse wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:31 pm
Using the tube will soon be proper Russian Roulette. :/ More so than it usually is.
Do you use it?
Not for a while. I'm between contracts and dragging my heels. My GF is on it 4 days a week.

Gio
Double World Champion

#17 Post by Gio » Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:29 am

Pussyhorse wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:40 am
Gio wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:24 pm
Pussyhorse wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:31 pm
Using the tube will soon be proper Russian Roulette. :/ More so than it usually is.
Do you use it?
Not for a while. I'm between contracts and dragging my heels. My GF is on it 4 days a week.
Maybe it'd be better if she invested in a bike. :smt107
I hate it when people ask if you have a bathroom, I want to say "No we pee in the garden"

Ben
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer
Main bike: Kawasaki ZX-10R

#18 Post by Ben » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:33 pm

I am amazed at how little info there is out there in terms of what do do, how you can avoid things, whether you should fly/use public transport, sit in a restaurant for an hour, etc...

I hate to sound cynical but it feels like the powers that be don't want to cause a panic so they're keeping tight-lipped. Stiff-upper lipped, perhaps.

Gio
Double World Champion

#19 Post by Gio » Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:06 pm

Ben wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:33 pm
I am amazed at how little info there is out there in terms of what do do, how you can avoid things, whether you should fly/use public transport, sit in a restaurant for an hour, etc...

I hate to sound cynical but it feels like the powers that be don't want to cause a panic so they're keeping tight-lipped. Stiff-upper lipped, perhaps.
Try here https://www.who.int/emergencies/disease ... for-public
I hate it when people ask if you have a bathroom, I want to say "No we pee in the garden"

Ben
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

#20 Post by Ben » Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:25 pm

Gio wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:06 pm
Try here https://www.who.int/emergencies/disease ... for-public
Top link, thank you. I couldn't find anything like that on gov.uk

RiceBurner
Track Day Addict
Track Day Addict

#21 Post by RiceBurner » Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:57 pm

Ben wrote:

Or they don't give a shit and are ostriching, thinking that it won't affect 'them'.

fatboy
World Champion

#22 Post by fatboy » Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:23 pm

If you don't sing the National Anthem when washing your mitts and don't believe what our gloriously honest leaders tell you then you may die.
Cleverly disguised as an adult !

mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

#23 Post by mangocrazy » Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:33 pm

This is the best take I've seen on the whole affair yet:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... -the-world

Ben
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

#24 Post by Ben » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:58 am

Any update Mr Fatboy? I appreciate that today, only a few days later there are now tens of cases and tomorrow it will have probably doubled but I'm keen to know about your one, as it strikes me as a classic case of one person (the boss) trying to make their life easier in the short term and not thinking of the bigger picture.

Ben
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

#25 Post by Ben » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:00 am

mangocrazy wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:33 pm
This is the best take I've seen on the whole affair yet:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... -the-world
Guilty! That is my (over)reaction to this, perfectly summed up :smt003

BikerGran
Gran Turismo

#26 Post by BikerGran » Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:03 pm

Ben wrote:

I think the media are doing a pretty good job of inducing panic. I'm elderly and have health issues therefore in the 'vulnerable' category but I'm not panicking. I didn't panic about all the other varieties of flu that were going to kill us all off either, and I was right.
The tragedy of old age is not that one is old, but that one is young.

fatboy
World Champion

#27 Post by fatboy » Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:24 pm

Ben, I am not at work at the mo, using my holiday up before the financial year end so I would only receive a second hand update from colleagues rather than boss, his spin on this is ' you're gonna catch it anyway'.
The big boss has said if this goes ballistic then all recycling collected will not be separated at source but sent for incineration to reduce cross contamination....
And the shops are running out of arse wipe and anything that resembles hand sanitizer....
FFS get a grip people
I have a degenerative lung condition so like many others this scares me a bit.
There are now at least 2 forms of Covid 19, one more aggressive than the other, buying tons of toilet roll will protect no one from anything

Ben
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

#28 Post by Ben » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:27 am

Any update Mr Fatboy?

fatboy
World Champion

#29 Post by fatboy » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:32 pm

Yes, plenty to tell...
Luigi isolated with no problems but Covid19 marches swiftly and relentlessly onward, I am isolating because I have a chest infection, my GPs surgery are rightly scared shitless when Ii told them the history. Several are now off work with flu like symptoms and unwisely the Bath half marathon took place at the weekend,first related death in the area also at the weekend.
Today I was supposed to be at a meeting with this being the big ticket item on the agenda, meeting called off too reduce risk.
As the situation worsens the employer will have to make the call as to how we proceed, a big recycling round may collect from 750 households a day, Refuse rounds more than twice that, that is a bio hazard risk on a good day

fatboy
World Champion

#30 Post by fatboy » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:43 pm

The joy of being a Union rep means I've had some serious conversations with Management and remind them of their 'duty of care' to both employees and the public, playing ostrich is not good enough.
They now have to work out which employees are at risk due to underlying health conditions.....
Strangely enough our neighbouring councils had strategies drawn up many weeks ago