All non-motorcycle related chat in here

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

T.C.
SuperSport Racer
SuperSport Racer

Fake Arai alert

#1 Post by T.C. » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:33 pm

Not back through choice, but members need to be made aware

Some of you may not be aware that Ebay have been advertising fake Arai helmets.

I have spoken to Terry Birtles the MD at Moto-Direct who are the UK importers of Arai who said

“We’ve reported to eBay and contacted the sellers but they are based in Asia and seemingly don’t give a monkey’s!”

It’s obviously way too cheap… Arai are handmade in Japan and take days to make so the real price reflects that.

The visor is wrap round – Arai have never done a wrap round visor always favouring side pods to meet their smoother rounder shape for sliding.

Box and trims are all just cheap and not consistent.

There is no ECE marking obvious.

I have said many times that a helmet should only be purchased from a dealer, but if you if you are considering or know someone who is considering buying a new Arai, then mabe point them in the direction of this post.

Terry Birtles, the MD at the Arai importers will be happy to provide further information if required.[/img]
It is better to arrive 30 seconds late in this world than 30 years early in the next

mirzaatif7220
Pizza Delivery Rider
Pizza Delivery Rider

Re: Fake Arai alert

#2 Post by mirzaatif7220 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:40 pm

Same happend to my brother. He thought he got the helmet on a sale price. :smt011
T.C. wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:33 pm
Not back through choice, but members need to be made aware

Some of you may not be aware that Ebay have been advertising fake Arai helmets.

I have spoken to Terry Birtles the MD at Moto-Direct who are the UK importers of Arai who said

“We’ve reported to eBay and contacted the sellers but they are based in Asia and seemingly don’t give a monkey’s!”

It’s obviously way too cheap… Arai are handmade in Japan and take days to make so the real price reflects that.

The visor is wrap round – Arai have never done a wrap round visor always favouring side pods to meet their smoother rounder shape for sliding.

Box and trims are all just cheap and not consistent.

There is no ECE marking obvious.

I have said many times that a helmet should only be purchased from a dealer, but if you if you are considering or know someone who is considering buying a new Arai, then mabe point them in the direction of this post.

Terry Birtles, the MD at the Arai importers will be happy to provide further information if required.[/img]