IMPORTANT: Forum Funding - Vigorously 'shaking the tin'

All non-motorcycle related chat in here

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

Gio
Double World Champion

#76 Post by Gio » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:41 pm

I'm lazy can you give a link again PLEASE :smt003
PS it'd be good to have proper bank account details as then I will set up a monthly payment into it. Yes I am getting very forgetful. :smt012
I hate it when people ask if you have a bathroom, I want to say "No we pee in the garden"

BikerGran
Gran Turismo

#77 Post by BikerGran » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:30 pm

I'm the same, have no idea when I last contributed - it feels like a few months but it may be a couple of years!
The tragedy of old age is not that one is old, but that one is young.

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#78 Post by D-Rider » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:17 am

Gio wrote:I'm lazy can you give a link again PLEASE :smt003
PS it'd be good to have proper bank account details as then I will set up a monthly payment into it. Yes I am getting very forgetful. :smt012
It is on the first post of this thread ... but I did mean to add it again (and clearly forgot to do so)

Here it is:

Please click the Ridersite Logo to donate --> Image

Unfortunately I can't furnish you with bank account details as we don't have a bank account - just the PayPal account.
“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein

Gio
Double World Champion

#79 Post by Gio » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:09 pm

D-Rider wrote:
Gio wrote:I'm lazy can you give a link again PLEASE :smt003
It is on the first post of this thread ... but I did mean to add it again (and clearly forgot to do so)

Here it is:

Please click the Ridersite Logo to donate --> Image

Unfortunately I can't furnish you with bank account details as we don't have a bank account - just the PayPal account.
I think you could take a look at this and then maybe it could happen :smt003
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/fee- ... s-launched.
very applicable if all we need is a basic account I feel.

I will stash some in today anyway.
I hate it when people ask if you have a bathroom, I want to say "No we pee in the garden"

DavShill
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#80 Post by DavShill » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:54 am

Thanks Andy and all the other Mods and Admin dudes. Ive tipped some dosh in the pot.

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#81 Post by D-Rider » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:01 am

Thanks Dave, Gio and others
“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein

Gio
Double World Champion

#82 Post by Gio » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:35 pm

Well after the pay monthly fiasco, I've put in a bit today. However it seems strange to me as when I tried to set it up as a monthly payment the account name is different. The link form tyhis page has the account as Kwackerz to start with yet when I tried to set it up as a monthly thing it said Tim. Could this be the reason for th failure ?

Would be good to know :smt003

blinkey501
World Champion

#83 Post by blinkey501 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:34 am

Gio wrote:Well after the pay monthly fiasco, I've put in a bit today. However it seems strange to me as when I tried to set it up as a monthly payment the account name is different. The link form tyhis page has the account as Kwackerz to start with yet when I tried to set it up as a monthly thing it said Tim. Could this be the reason for th failure ?

Tim aka kwakerz is an admin.
Tolerance will be our undoing.

Gio
Double World Champion

#84 Post by Gio » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:37 am

blinkey501 wrote:
Gio wrote:Well after the pay monthly fiasco, I've put in a bit today. However it seems strange to me as when I tried to set it up as a monthly payment the account name is different. The link form tyhis page has the account as Kwackerz to start with yet when I tried to set it up as a monthly thing it said Tim. Could this be the reason for th failure ?

LOL he has been for nearly as long as I've known him (about 17 years) Knew his Dad even longer :smt001

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#85 Post by D-Rider » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:28 am

Gio wrote:
blinkey501 wrote:

LOL he has been for nearly as long as I've known him (about 17 years) Knew his Dad even longer :smt001
Indeed - though Tim is not really actively involved these days (changes of circumstances - not a falling-out or anything untoward). Sam probably keeps an eye on us "from above" .... and doubtless pops into the bar named in his honour for a swift JD when nobody is watching (now there's a concept - a haunted virtual bar)

The account we use is the one Tim set up for the forum - he passed the info necessary to use it over to me and Pete - so that we can handle any payments that need to be made.

Just thought that in the interests of openness I would clarify.
-- Albert Einstein

Gio
Double World Champion

#86 Post by Gio » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:08 pm

Is anything happening?
We are now on the last legs of refurbishing a flat (was a rebuild actually) and so in a couple of months or so when its occupied I'll have some spare dosh to contribute as thats my pension.

fatboy
World Champion

#87 Post by fatboy » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:22 pm

It's probably time I dug into my pockets again.
How are we doing on funding ?
Cleverly disguised as an adult !

Just Brian
Despatch Rider

Money in tin

#88 Post by Just Brian » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:48 pm

keep up the good work will get to meet some of you with a bit of look next year :smt006

Gio
Double World Champion

#89 Post by Gio » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:05 pm

Well its taken longer than I thought, but I'll be able to put something in at the end of the month
:smt001

Greg
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

#90 Post by Greg » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:37 pm

Thanks to a great gesture from FatBoy I've dropped a few quid into the pot...
You don't get a warm-up lap for life...