Lost my virginity today!

Get involved here to discuss anything from the best tracks, organisers, bikes and tips for newbies.

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

Falken
SuperSport Racer
SuperSport Racer

Lost my virginity today!

#1 Post by Falken » Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:14 pm

:smt001

Following the floods of June 25th, when a mate, Mark and myself should have done the track day at Donington, we finally got on track today.
Left home at 06.30am on damp roads, by the time we had got to jct27 on the M1 we were well and truly soaked again.
Signed in still raining, did the first session on a very damp track. Just like riding on marbles, but we survived.
Second session half the track was dry but from the Old Hairpin to Coppice was still wet, but still more enjoyable than the first one.

But the third session Whey hey!!!!!!!!!! Dry track, sun came out, and it stayed like that for the rest of the day.
Only down side was Mark running into the gravel at Mc,Cleans and dropping the bike, but the trap did it's job and slowed him down before he dropped it.
Just a few scratches on the fairing.

Still not come down yet. Can't wait to do it again.
Adventure before Dementia.

Gio
Double World Champion

#2 Post by Gio » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:42 pm

I take it you were at Silverstone. I enjoyed my day there (coincidentaly this time last year) when it was wet for the latter part of the day.

When you doing the next?

Any pics?

PLEASE :smt003

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#3 Post by D-Rider » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:04 pm

Gio wrote:I take it you were at Silverstone. I enjoyed my day there (coincidentaly this time last year) when it was wet for the latter part of the day.

When you doing the next?

Any pics?

Gio .... please read the post again for clues ....
Falken wrote: Following the floods of June 25th, when a mate, Mark and myself should have done the track day at Donington, we finally got on track today.
Left home at 06.30am on damp roads, by the time we had got to jct27 on the M1 we were well and truly soaked again.
Signed in still raining, did the first session on a very damp track. Just like riding on marbles, but we survived.
Second session half the track was dry but from the Old Hairpin to Coppice was still wet, but still more enjoyable than the first one.

But the third session Whey hey!!!!!!!!!! Dry track, sun came out, and it stayed like that for the rest of the day.
Only down side was Mark running into the gravel at Mc,Cleans and dropping the bike, but the trap did it's job and slowed him down before he dropped it.

Gio
Double World Champion

#4 Post by Gio » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:54 pm

D-Rider wrote:
Gio wrote:I take it you were at Silverstone. I enjoyed my day there (coincidentaly this time last year) when it was wet for the latter part of the day.

When you doing the next?

Any pics?

Gio .... please read the post again for clues ....
Falken wrote: Following the floods of June 25th, when a mate, Mark and myself should have done the track day at Donington, we finally got on track today.

I thought you were lurking :smt005