Free Track Day at Mallory

Get involved here to discuss anything from the best tracks, organisers, bikes and tips for newbies.

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

Free Track Day at Mallory

#1 Post by D-Rider » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:38 pm

...... sorry to piss you off ..... but I got the last place :smt003

Thought I'd post up anyway so that you can keep a look out for the next time they do this.

The offer is only open to those who have never done a Track Day and the free bit is just one 20min session - but other sessions can be booked on the day at £20 per shot.

Details HERE

Gio
Double World Champion

Re: Free Track Day at Mallory

#2 Post by Gio » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:29 pm

D-Rider wrote:...... sorry to piss you off ..... but I got the last place :smt003

Thought I'd post up anyway so that you can keep a look out for the next time they do this.

The offer is only open to those who have never done a Track Day and the free bit is just one 20min session - but other sessions can be booked on the day at £20 per shot.

Details HERE

So they have upped the price for extra sessions, no such animal as free.

A lot of the track day prices have fallen and so they should, they were an awful rip off mostly.

Pierre
SuperSport Racer
SuperSport Racer

#3 Post by Pierre » Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:33 pm

How do you work out they are a rippoff? And £20 a session isnt bad as theres space to get 5 more on top of the free one which is still the £100 considering the faff about with signing random numbers of different people every 20 minutes all day.

At least 3 companys have ceased trading that i know of and ive only been doing them 2 years. The only prices i can quote for definate are for Teeside autodrome and its £1500 per day for the track PLUS the marshalls + medics + £500 for the basic insurance etc, and you can only have 14 bikes on track max. And thats for a midget kart track that you can get round in 30 seconds ffs :smt003

Croft was £99 then £109 and now £125 cos they cut the numbers of bikes on track cos of noise.

what was the original quiestion again ? :smt016

Gio
Double World Champion

#4 Post by Gio » Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:54 pm

Pierre wrote:How do you work out they are a rippoff? And £20 a session isnt bad as theres space to get 5 more on top of the free one which is still the £100 considering the faff about with signing random numbers of different people every 20 minutes all day.

At least 3 companys have ceased trading that i know of and ive only been doing them 2 years. The only prices i can quote for definate are for Teeside autodrome and its £1500 per day for the track PLUS the marshalls + medics + £500 for the basic insurance etc, and you can only have 14 bikes on track max. And thats for a midget kart track that you can get round in 30 seconds ffs :smt003

Croft was £99 then £109 and now £125 cos they cut the numbers of bikes on track cos of noise.

what was the original quiestion again ? :smt016
Well 5 session is a short amount, most tracks this time of year with 3 groups are getting 7 sessions and with 30 bikes in each group thats about £12600 (at £20 a session). A lot of the tracks are suffering under use so they've cut their prices.

Its also cheaper in a lot of cases to go abroad, especially if you can get a group of riders going.

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#5 Post by D-Rider » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:26 am

Well, I'm the one going and I don't think I'm being ripped off.

I've never done a track day - so this is just a taster session.

Mallory Park is about 15 miles from home - so if I only do the free session, I've still had a chance to pootle up the road to Mallory, amble round the track and then pootle home again. All it costs me is a bit of fuel for a local rideout.

Now I may chip in £20 for another amble round the track (more than that and the Mrs will start enquiring where the cash is going) - but I've not seen any small print or guns to my head to insist that I spend anything at all.

Hard to see how this is a rip off.

Come on Gio - lack of a bike is turning you into a Grumpy Old Man ..... have a look at the proportion of your recent posts that go off into some negative rant about politics, youngsters starting out on bikes, the dangers of motorcycles etc etc ...... the lack of stress relief from a good old thrash on a bike must be getting to you.
:smt064

Pierre
SuperSport Racer
SuperSport Racer

#6 Post by Pierre » Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:59 pm

A lot of the tracks are suffering under use so they've cut their prices.
Well I can only go on croft and cadwell and croft especially is booked at least a month in advance. And thats saying something getting tight northerners risking crap weather and paying up front .

And yes, abroad is good value. Did i mention im off for 5 days round Cartegena track at chrimbo :smt003 Anyone want to put money on there being another falco ?

Beware drider, today 1 session, tommorow a secret bank account for td's :smt007