Got my knee's down at Croft !

Get involved here to discuss anything from the best tracks, organisers, bikes and tips for newbies.

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

Pierre
SuperSport Racer
SuperSport Racer

Got my knee's down at Croft !

#1 Post by Pierre » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:46 pm

Unfortunately both at the same time :smt003

I have an old performance bikes t-shirt that has the slogan ' earth sky earth sky earth sky ambulance ' but wasnt wearing it today. Pity.

Forcast for rain in the afternoon so the slow build up was abandoned for a quick blast till it hoyed down. First session was uneventful with the usual 2 warm up laps first then a couple of steady laps. Me and mates had to book into fast cos they were the only available spaces so we were expecting to get trounced but as it happened it wasnt too bad with only a couple of thou's blasting past on the straights.

2nd session and you could go flat out from the pit lane, but most including me did 1 steady lap then opened it up. 2nd lap is flat out but I kinda over-do it at the jim clark esses. Image
I cant compete with the big bikes on the straights so try to get out the corners faster but this is my undoing. I flick tight left then wide right to get early power on but the back slides out and I get a look over onto my front mudguard in slowmotion. I then get a ' ahhh its under control ' as I slam back down onto the seat followed by a 'fuck me' as it goes the other way and im over the bars on a straight :smt003 Time passed = 0.0003 seconds.

Then I think ' this isnt so bad' but I mustve been midair cos there's an almighty CRACK as my noggin hits the deck. Kinda takes the pain away from the smaller crack that is my little finger snapping
Camera is crap cos my little finger is almost black now :smt012
I jump up from embarressment to see my bike still sprialing down the road making big gouges in the tarmac. Must be shagged shirley. Head down and start the 50mtr walk to my bike incase my mates see me. Cant pick it up cos I've broken a rib and hurt my foot but when the ambulance turns up i say im ok cos the days costing £110

Get back to pits and the only damage stopping me going out is a snapped brake lever. Both crash bungs are worn down to the alloy mounting, I've lost an inch off my new (sorry john1000) rearsets, my exhaust and link pipe are chamfered and my gloves are scrap. Totaly blown open with wrist straps snapped but apart from the broken finger and a small scratch on my other hand they did their job.

My leathers look like a racers :smt016 but the back survived better than the front
Check out the scuffed belly , such a fat twat nowadays.

Helmet did its job and continued during the day, but will probably shelve it as it did go down with an almighty bang.

Anyway, heavens opened afterwards giving an early lunch and I have some footage on my phone of how bad it was which i'll upload when i find the lead.
Got 2 more sessions with the last one being nearly dry with only the occasional river running across the track.

Laptimes were @1.55 down to 1.48 on last session which isnt bad for not being able to pull the clutch in considering i can only do 1.41's when fit. Hardest part was putting my glove on :smt002

Was gonna book another couple of days but i dont know how long it takes fingers to fix? anyone ? Still enjoyed it but then i have been to the pub for 4 pints in 30 mins just to knock the edge off.

Btw, bike survived thanks to crash bungs although i did say on another thread i didnt go fast enough to leave the tarmac and i didnt. If it had hit the grass it could have been a different story.

See you on the next one :smt016

Goldie
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

#2 Post by Goldie » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:23 pm

Thanks for another entertaining contribution. :smt005 :smt005 Glad you are (more or less) in one piece. :smt001

You want to tape the bust finger to the next one and get yourself a pair of those two fingered gloves... you'll be fine!!! :smt005 :smt005

Kwackerz
Admin
Admin

#3 Post by Kwackerz » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:01 pm

It couldve been a lot worse.

Glad you're not proper poorly and the bike'll fix.

A good advert for crashbungs I guess!

Heal well and fast m8.
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#4 Post by D-Rider » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:08 pm

Saw some of the qualifying for Donny on Eurosport today ..... they were doing the same as you - so you must be doing it right.

Heal up quick - hope the pain goes away soon .... you seem to be taking the medicine at any rate!
:smt030

Falcopops
GP Racer
GP Racer

#5 Post by Falcopops » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:31 pm

Double hard barsteward you are Pierre.

Bad luck and good luck all in one, get well soon.

I think you'll find that Guinness has the greatest recouperative properties and in my capacity of self appointed medical expert I prescribe 10 pints daily, although exceeding this is acceptable.

Falken
SuperSport Racer
SuperSport Racer

#6 Post by Falken » Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:19 am

:smt001
You could have waited until after my first trackday on Monday before posting this.

How am I going to stop shaking now.

Hope your OK Pierre, get well soon.
Adventure before Dementia.

falcomunky
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#7 Post by falcomunky » Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:57 am

Oh, sorry I had to miss that little lot P! :smt003
My Son is poorly at the mo so had to pass on coming over from work, (I work in Darlo and yes; That was the worst rain storm Ive seen in years-Looked like summink outta 'The Day After Tomorrow'!). :smt005
Glad you n the bike arent too damaged, so hopefully catch ya next time ya go... Not literally of course... :smt002
Heal soon matey!
Two is the magic number... ;)

Pierre
SuperSport Racer
SuperSport Racer

#8 Post by Pierre » Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:53 am

Falcomunky - you'd have been annoyed with me cos the suspension bloke wasnt there, just a different tyre truck that only did tyres and no mention of why.

Falken - ride to your comfortable speed and build up from there. The mistake i made was thinking i could keep up with the fast lads if i braked later, went round faster and accelerated earlier than them to make up for getting lashed past on the straights. Worked to a point :smt002 but the fact was they were faster and i was riding beyond my ability on a less than perfect day. Lesson learnt.

And i may have exaggerated about the bungs :smt016 The motrax one is worn to its mounting nut, but the r&g still has meat left on it (unlike my knee ahahah)
You could put a straight edge down my bike atm and it would be a perfect line. Bellypan did its bit aswell so £30 well spent.

Remember that gsx1400 engine that we were rebuilding in my garage? On an afternoon session he rode out of the pits infront of me , down the front straight and ran wide in the first corner. Almost made it but front wheel caught the gravel and down he went. Engine casings holed, enging side scraped, tank dented, bars bent, indicators and levers off. 20mph with no bungs so I am now a staunch bung supporter

And I can now join the 'highside survivors club' :smt003

bigun
AP RS Legend

#9 Post by bigun » Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:46 pm

Bloody hell m8. Looks like you got away with it to a certain extent!

Yr finger, if its just broken, bout 3 weeks. If you've ripped the ligaments out like I did playing rugby a couple of years ago, it'll be 6 months with it splinted up. I still rode my bike much to the abusive language of my phsyio and found the interesting bit trying to get my hand back on the throttle after braking as the splint meant once my hand was on the brake it was stuck there! Made for some amusing cornering!

Look on the bright side, you might score in the pub tonight if you can get a nice youn lady to take sympathy on you............... :smt002
Bigun

Kwackerz
Admin
Admin

#10 Post by Kwackerz » Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:49 pm

Impressed with the bungs. I know R 'n G have always said themselves to be better than the rest, deffo looks like they may be being honest there!

Tap em for a freebie in return for the photo... :smt002 :smt002 Im sure they'd appreciate it :smt005 :smt001
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly

DavShill
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#11 Post by DavShill » Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:20 pm

Bad luck Pierre. Glad you're still in one piece though. get back soon and bannish the demons. Good luckmate