Who to use?

Get involved here to discuss anything from the best tracks, organisers, bikes and tips for newbies.

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

Gio
Double World Champion

Who to use?

#1 Post by Gio » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:19 pm

Its been such a long time since I did a track day and I do rather fancy another (10 years ago IMSC), but who is the best provider?

BTW I'd prefer somewhere in the SE.
I hate it when people ask if you have a bathroom, I want to say "No we pee in the garden"

Aladinsaneuk
Aprilia Admin

#2 Post by Aladinsaneuk » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:41 pm

Choose your track and dates

See who there is

Let's face it, you wouldn't go to a nurse to get good advice on a problem with a Falco - you'd choose an Engineer or a mechanic...

Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

#3 Post by Firestarter » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:49 pm

I went with No Limits recently, was very impressed. Hire a bike (Smallboy trackbikes), guy I work with knows the team and recommended them. Really pleased with the day, ther service and the instructors and support
Aprilia SL1000 Falco '04 in Black & Red

squadron Nero
SuperSport Racer
SuperSport Racer

#4 Post by squadron Nero » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:54 pm

Firestarter wrote:I went with No Limits recently, was very impressed. Hire a bike (Smallboy trackbikes), guy I work with knows the team and recommended them. Really pleased with the day, ther service and the instructors and support

How much do they charge for the bike hire and do you have to put down a security deposit or ought like that?

Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

#5 Post by Firestarter » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:54 am

squadron Nero wrote:
Firestarter wrote:I went with No Limits recently, was very impressed. Hire a bike (Smallboy trackbikes), guy I work with knows the team and recommended them. Really pleased with the day, ther service and the instructors and support

How much do they charge for the bike hire and do you have to put down a security deposit or ought like that?
http://smallboytrackbikes.co.uk/our-service.php

£240 for the bike, no deposit but if you bin it, you will pay somewhere between £250 and £500 on top of the hire for repairs.

Dunno how much a set of track tyres would be or how many days you'd get out of a set, but £240 seems pretty good in comparison to running around yourself sorting tyre warmers, plus anything else you have to do on the day - literally turn up, jump on the bike and off you go. Only 600's, but actually I was quite happy with that for a novice day, and I was more interested in the corners than the straights anyway
Aprilia SL1000 Falco '04 in Black & Red

Paulh
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

#6 Post by Paulh » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:39 am

Hi Gio - not seen you on here for a while

Don't do many these days, but MSV or No Limits are the only ones I would use - probably MSV as first choice

Gio
Double World Champion

#7 Post by Gio » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:31 pm

Thanks very much I'll take a look at them.

Hello Paul, yeah its like the bad penny again LOL
I hate it when people ask if you have a bathroom, I want to say "No we pee in the garden"

DPG
Despatch Rider

Re: Who to use?

#8 Post by DPG » Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:16 pm

You could come along to our TD at Snetterton later on next year. At £150 it’s not too expensive and you can bring almost any bike you fancy. It’s a total ‘non-combat’ trackday so you we can slot you in wherever is most appropriate. Search Rider Perfection on FB, and I’ll answer any questions you may have.