Second track day (again)

Get involved here to discuss anything from the best tracks, organisers, bikes and tips for newbies.

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

spiderwheels
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

Second track day (again)

#1 Post by spiderwheels » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:46 pm

I went back to Rockingham today. The layout was different, it was all on the infield but I think I found it flowed better.

Now the last time I went the Novice group was flooded with race kit and fast people who had overflowed from the other groups.

This time the Novice group I joined was full of real novice and slow riders. Myself on the Falco, my brother on the ZX6 and some Scandinavian chap on a race-prepped gixxer6 hire bike were so much faster we pretty much lapped the entire field, some of them twice...

This included a Mille and another Falco (nobody on here, I checked :) )

I had some great tussles with that hire bike. Either He'd start fast due to having tyre warmers and just disappear but then I'd real him in and get by a lap or two before the finish - or we'd just spend the entire session swapping paint :)

And finally got my knees (both of them) down! Session 3 I just shifted over on the seat an extra couple of inches and stuck my head somewhere down where the wing mirror should have been and was greeted with a very satisfying scrape.... once I stopped giggling to myself almost all the right handers became fair game... and then one of the left handers (there's only 2, effectively).

My brother now thinks I'm insufferable because I got my knee down and he didn't and I won't shut up about it

:smt003
Insert humourous comment here