Quartararo to replace Valentino Rossi at Yamaha in 2021

The forum to discuss the latest developments in motorcycle racing. The bikes, the riders, the action!

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

Ben
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer
Main bike: Kawasaki ZX-10R

Quartararo to replace Valentino Rossi at Yamaha in 2021

#1 Post by Ben » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:03 pm

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/sport/mo ... ino-rossi/

Is this the strongest signal yet that Rossi will retire at the end of the 2020 season?

Gio
Double World Champion

Re: Quartararo to replace Valentino Rossi at Yamaha in 2021

#2 Post by Gio » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:57 am

About time the old fart retired hugging a seat that should be for quicker riders.
I hate it when people ask if you have a bathroom, I want to say "No we pee in the garden"

mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

#3 Post by mangocrazy » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:52 am

To be fair, I'd say that Rossi has regressed to a regular top 6 rider. He hasn't been an 'alien' for some time. Personally I think his disastrous flirtation with Ducati was the beginning of the end. He never really recovered from that, despite winning a fair few races after returning to Yamaha (tail between legs).

mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

#4 Post by mangocrazy » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:54 pm

And Fabio Quartararo has just topped the time sheets on all 3 days of testing at Sepang. I think Marc Marquez should start looking nervously over his shoulder.

Gio
Double World Champion

#5 Post by Gio » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:26 am

mangocrazy wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:54 pm
And Fabio Quartararo has just topped the time sheets on all 3 days of testing at Sepang. I think Marc Marquez should start looking nervously over his shoulder.
Why nervously? He thrives on competition, he's also started the mind games again, almost a repeat of last years comments about his shoulder.
I hate it when people ask if you have a bathroom, I want to say "No we pee in the garden"

mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

#6 Post by mangocrazy » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:29 pm

Gio wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:26 am
mangocrazy wrote:
Why nervously? He thrives on competition, he's also started the mind games again, almost a repeat of last years comments about his shoulder.
I know it's only testing, but MM was down in 13th position overall and crashed a couple of times. It could all be a monster sandbagging session, but that isn't Marc's way. He likes to dominate. I'd say that his shoulder is giving him some grief. Certainly there doesn't seem to be much wrong with the bike, Cal put it in second spot averall, just 0.062 seconds down on Fabio. Hopefully Marc will be back to full fitness for Qatar, but I suspect it might take longer than that.

Gio
Double World Champion

#7 Post by Gio » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:43 am

mangocrazy wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:29 pm
Gio wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:26 am
mangocrazy wrote:
I know it's only testing, but MM was down in 13th position overall and crashed a couple of times. It could all be a monster sandbagging session, but that isn't Marc's way. He likes to dominate. I'd say that his shoulder is giving him some grief. Certainly there doesn't seem to be much wrong with the bike, Cal put it in second spot averall, just 0.062 seconds down on Fabio. Hopefully Marc will be back to full fitness for Qatar, but I suspect it might take longer than that.
I expect MM is saving it all up for Qatar, 12th isn't a problem, IMO he'll be on the 1st 2 rows come race time. not forgetting his 12th is only 4 tenths off pole, which is amazing with a gammy shoulder.