Thanks and all the best Mr Lorenzo

The forum to discuss the latest developments in motorcycle racing. The bikes, the riders, the action!

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

fatboy
World Champion

Thanks and all the best Mr Lorenzo

#1 Post by fatboy » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:18 pm

I fully understand and respect your decision,your input into MotoGP is beyond question times have changed but in my opinion you are one of the heroes that pushed the boundaries way way out there.
Surely the master of super slick cornering and maybe too polite for your own good?
Cleverly disguised as an adult !

mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

#2 Post by mangocrazy » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:32 pm

There's no doubt he was/is supremely talented and it's very sad to see someone of that class walk away from the sport when they are still in their prime. I think there's a possibility that he might take time off, heal completely and then decide if he wants to go back, but I suspect it's a final decision.

With a bike underneath him that did exactly what he wanted even Marquez would have difficulty beating him. Unfortunately the Honda wasn't that bike and the injury toll and their effect on his confidence was just too much.

blinkey501
World Champion

#3 Post by blinkey501 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:25 am

Great rider. But I'm a massive Rossi fan, when Rossi does retire at 75 years of age then if i'm still alive I would be gutted. :smt042
Tolerance will be our undoing.

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#4 Post by D-Rider » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:09 am

Yes, sad to see the way his career end following a few years of frustration. There was nobody better during the time he came to MotoGP on a bike that worked the way he wanted it to. I guess his precise style require a very precise "feel" - but when those things came together, he was unstoppable.

The difference with Marquez is that he seems to be able to ride anything and do well on it - and when it more or less meets his style, can crush everyone else. I've never seen better.

Quartararo looks like an incredible talent but we don't yet know how he'll perform on a "difficult" bike.

That's the future but looking back, Thanks Jorge for all you have brought to the sport.
“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein

Ben
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer
Main bike: Kawasaki ZX-10R

Re: Thanks and all the best Mr Lorenzo

#5 Post by Ben » Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:23 pm

I always thought he was his own worst enemy.