Sepang

The forum to discuss the latest developments in motorcycle racing. The bikes, the riders, the action!

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

HisNibbs
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#16 Post by HisNibbs » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:01 am

D-Rider wrote:
mangocrazy wrote:
D-Rider wrote:
fatboy wrote: Be interesting to see how sympathetic all the other riders are to Rossi in Valencia when he starts at the back
Hopefully not at all - shameful cheat
How did he cheat?

Running someone wide is done in every race class in every racing discipline worldwide. Just watch the first corner in last weekend's Austin F1 race - no sanction applied there. And that was the sum total of Rossi's misdemeanour.
Forceful knee into Marquez and his bike forcing him to crash.
Watched it time and again from angle after angle - the live broadcast and post race coverage was showing it over and over again.
I wasn't swayed by the commentators - I saw it with my eyes before they even noticed it.
So have I, initially I thought Rossi pushed Marquez but on closer inspection Marquez accelerates and rides hard into Rossi who then while actually being lent on, reacts and pushes back with his knee. IMHO If not 6 of one and half a dozen of the other, Marquez was forcing the issue and more to blame than Rossi.
Don't put off 'till tomorrow what you can enjoy today

mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

#17 Post by mangocrazy » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:26 am

HisNibbs wrote:
D-Rider wrote:
mangocrazy wrote:
D-Rider wrote:
fatboy wrote: Be interesting to see how sympathetic all the other riders are to Rossi in Valencia when he starts at the back
Hopefully not at all - shameful cheat
How did he cheat?

Running someone wide is done in every race class in every racing discipline worldwide. Just watch the first corner in last weekend's Austin F1 race - no sanction applied there. And that was the sum total of Rossi's misdemeanour.
Forceful knee into Marquez and his bike forcing him to crash.
Watched it time and again from angle after angle - the live broadcast and post race coverage was showing it over and over again.
I wasn't swayed by the commentators - I saw it with my eyes before they even noticed it.
So have I, initially I thought Rossi pushed Marquez but on closer inspection Marquez accelerates and rides hard into Rossi who then while actually being lent on, reacts and pushes back with his knee. IMHO If not 6 of one and half a dozen of the other, Marquez was forcing the issue and more to blame than Rossi.
My view exactly. Rossi's move with his knee was an instinctive 'get off me' reaction in response to being leant on by Marquez. Whether Ross's knee or an action of Marquez ultimately caused the crash is open for debate. The camera doesn't show that level of detail.

The only way to know would be if Honda released telemetry details for the period up to and including the crash, but I can't see them doing that any time soon, as it would almost certainly incriminate Marquez.

BikerGran
Gran Turismo

#18 Post by BikerGran » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:30 pm

Surely no-one can deny that Marquez was crowding Rossi? What was he supposed to do, say ok, I'll just get out of your way?

Some of the nicest blokes out there never won any championships...........
The tragedy of old age is not that one is old, but that one is young.

Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

#19 Post by Firestarter » Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:59 pm

D-Rider wrote: Forceful knee into Marquez and his bike forcing him to crash.
Please. Forceful knee? Marquez ran into Rossi. Period. He made contact first, all I saw was Rossi lifting his knee after Marquez smacked into it with his helmet. The most that did was stand Marquez up, not make him crash. The only person that made Marquez crash was Marquez
Aprilia SL1000 Falco '04 in Black & Red

fatboy
World Champion

#20 Post by fatboy » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:26 pm

Well said Fiirestarter.
The helicopter view clearly shows Rossi bringing his leg forward after being knocked backward by the broadsiding Spanish pirate.
Had Rossi decided to bootMM off then his leg would have been forward of the foot peg.
There is no way that Rossi could have had the time to consider to kick backward with sufficient force to Marquez off, he mastered his own downfall
Cleverly disguised as an adult !

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#21 Post by D-Rider » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:57 pm

Nope, sorry, don't buy it.
“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein

Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

#22 Post by Firestarter » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:08 pm

D-Rider wrote:Nope, sorry, don't buy it.
To each their own opinion. Personally, I don't buy the whole "Rossi made Marquez crash on purpose" thing especially when Marquez clearly made first contact, but l saw what I saw from watching the (presumably same) various replays.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Rossi is a saint, I go with my previous unsportsmanlike comment. But If Marquez had have dropped in another degree or two, probably they'd both be off and we'd now be saying how Marquez cost Rossi the championship.
Aprilia SL1000 Falco '04 in Black & Red

Gio
Double World Champion

#23 Post by Gio » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:47 pm

Its all a bit 1588 and that. The truth will never be known as Marquez is spanish, Dorna is spanish, Repsol is spanish and like most things spanish they have the rock of Gibralter on their left shoulder. Of course not forgetting that the drone in the Yamaha team is catching up, who happens to be spanish as well.

However I do think Rossi was goading him and imo its not good for a sport.
I hate it when people ask if you have a bathroom, I want to say "No we pee in the garden"