What's all this about then?

The forum to discuss the latest developments in motorcycle racing. The bikes, the riders, the action!

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

BikerGran
Gran Turismo

What's all this about then?

#1 Post by BikerGran » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:22 pm

The tragedy of old age is not that one is old, but that one is young.

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

Re: What's all this about then?

#2 Post by D-Rider » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:43 pm

BikerGran wrote:Bit sudden isn't it?

http://www.bikesportnews.com/news-detai ... wsid=10881
Well he's got to blame someone rather than admit he's not what he once was ....

TBH I've always liked Vale but he isn't without his ego.
What's more in Lorenzo and Marquez, he's up against riders of a higher calibre than he's had to contend with in years gone by.
Yes there were good riders but the bar has certainly been raised a few notches.

I also wonder whether Jerry Burgess' wife's health concerns have had any impact.
“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein

mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

#3 Post by mangocrazy » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:55 pm

BikerGran wrote:Bit sudden isn't it?

http://www.bikesportnews.com/news-detai ... wsid=10881
Yes - only taken them 14 years...

(Sorry...)

I must admit it caught me by surprise, as well. But with the benefit of hindsight, it seems more understandable. I have subconsciously wondered whether JB was quite as on the ball as some of the other, younger crew chiefs. I guess we'll find out next year if JB was holding Vale back, or whether Vale has just got older and slower...

BikerGran
Gran Turismo

#4 Post by BikerGran » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:35 am

I'll always love Rossi but in my opinion he's never been the same rider since his big off - just that winning edge missing. And of course it must be hard to feel the hunger for wins that drives the younger riders when you've already won so much.
The tragedy of old age is not that one is old, but that one is young.

fatboy
World Champion

#5 Post by fatboy » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:39 pm

Think it may be a case of 'watch this space ' and see what happens.
Rossi may be seen as senior, maybe not quite as hot as he was but when he is hot, he's smokin hot.
No doubt about it that that young pup Marquez has raised the bar but sheer balls dont always win over skill and experience
Cleverly disguised as an adult !

Gio
Double World Champion

#6 Post by Gio » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:23 pm

BikerGran wrote:I'll always love Rossi but in my opinion he's never been the same rider since his big off - just that winning edge missing. And of course it must be hard to feel the hunger for wins that drives the younger riders when you've already won so much.
Fast forward to 2015 :smt003 I must admit I'm so glad to see that smug faced shit on the 93 bike get his just rewards for riding like a complete moron.
I hate it when people ask if you have a bathroom, I want to say "No we pee in the garden"

mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

#7 Post by mangocrazy » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:15 pm

Am I the only person that thinks Marquez bears more than a passing resemblance to Jack Nicholson's Joker...? It's all in the mouth...

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#8 Post by D-Rider » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:51 am

mangocrazy wrote:Am I the only person that thinks Marquez bears more than a passing resemblance to Jack Nicholson's Joker...? It's all in the mouth...
Haha maybe ... but whatever, he's certainly the best rider out there. Interesting that both he and Lorenzo have such contrasting styles but are both great riders and a joy to watch.
“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein

Gio
Double World Champion

#9 Post by Gio » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:19 pm

D-Rider wrote:
mangocrazy wrote:Am I the only person that thinks Marquez bears more than a passing resemblance to Jack Nicholson's Joker...? It's all in the mouth...
Haha maybe ... but whatever, he's certainly the best rider out there. Interesting that both he and Lorenzo have such contrasting styles but are both great riders and a joy to watch.

So he's the best rider is he, why is he in 4th place in the championships? You need to go and see his antics on youtube, if that had been any other non Honda or Yamaha factory rider, he'd have lost his licence by now. But I guess you can blame Dorna for that, vested interests etc.
I hate it when people ask if you have a bathroom, I want to say "No we pee in the garden"