MotoGP: Aprilia confirms full factory return for 2016 season

The forum to discuss the latest developments in motorcycle racing. The bikes, the riders, the action!

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

Tonyunn
SuperSport Racer
SuperSport Racer

MotoGP: Aprilia confirms full factory return for 2016 season

#1 Post by Tonyunn » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:10 am

Shame only a handful of people will be watching as the idiots sold the rights to BT or someone else not sure who.
Speed Blue SL 1000 Falco
Harley Davidson....the most efficient way to turn petrol into noise without the embarrassing by-product of horsepower..

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#2 Post by D-Rider » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:55 am

Yes BT

I will be able to watch it next season on Virgin IF I pay them an EXTRA £15 a month to watch BT sports on there.

I only have Virgin for the bikes on Eurosport so an Extra £15 a month to only get what I'm getting now doesn't seem much of a bargain.

..... doesn't look like I will be watching either.

:smt013
“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein

Paulh
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

#3 Post by Paulh » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:45 pm

Think it obviously depends on your package - Virgin have added BT sport to mine at no cost

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#4 Post by D-Rider » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:57 pm

Paulh wrote:Think it obviously depends on your package - Virgin have added BT sport to mine at no cost
Yes they did that on the (even more) expensive package

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see how Aprilia do.
I wonder what that means for their WSB effort though?
I don't think the championship can survive another big player pulling out - so I hope they stick with that too.
“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein

Aladinsaneuk
Aprilia Admin

#5 Post by Aladinsaneuk » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:47 pm

The only advantage to having no choice about an ISP

We have it and can watch via sky....

Let's face it, you wouldn't go to a nurse to get good advice on a problem with a Falco - you'd choose an Engineer or a mechanic...

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#6 Post by D-Rider » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:31 pm

Aladinsaneuk wrote:The only advantage to having no choice about an ISP

We have it and can watch via sky....
Essentially the same for me Pete. Unless I want a slow motion connection I have to stick with Virgin as BT infinity stuff is not available here yet.
-- Albert Einstein

mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

#7 Post by mangocrazy » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:51 pm

I think the BT deal stinks, quite frankly. If Dorna want to make MotoGP into even more of a niche interest in the UK, they're going exactly the right way about it.

And I'll be astonished if Aprilia actually show up with a full factory MotoGP team in 2016. They've just lost their team principal to Ducati largely because he was pissed off at having to do everything on the cheap, they are looking for business partners to share the cost with, and the rules change in 2017 anyway. It's just a diversion to cover up for the fact that their model line-up is completely unchanged for next year.

IMHO, of course...

Paulh
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

#8 Post by Paulh » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:13 am

Apparently BT are showing the post season tests straight after Valencia - more than Eurosport ever did, so not a bad start.

http://sport.bt.com/moresporthub/motogp ... 3847629122

Shame I've got to be at work

Gio
Double World Champion

#9 Post by Gio » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:57 pm

http://www.motogponline.net/AS/package/Packages/ they do an unlimited package for $44.

Don't know how good it is but seems cheap.
I hate it when people ask if you have a bathroom, I want to say "No we pee in the garden"

mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

#10 Post by mangocrazy » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:13 pm

A mate of mine has the motogp.com package and it looks good value. All the races and practice sessions every race weekend, and in the off season you can watch all the old classics going back to the 1980s. We watched the Assen GP at my place in France and it performed faultlessly.

Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

#11 Post by Firestarter » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:30 am

I'll be binning BT Sport shortly - don't pay for it, but will have to soon.

ITV2 show the "highlights" - which is bascially the full race. So if you're not bothered about practice and qualifying, you can still get the full MotoGP race
Aprilia SL1000 Falco '04 in Black & Red

wayno
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#12 Post by wayno » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:09 am

ITV2 is on the Monday night, so you have to tell everyone at work for a full day that you'll kill them if they give anything away. The coverage isn't too bad though.
Pass me a hammer, a spanner and a cuppa

Gio
Double World Champion

#13 Post by Gio » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:15 pm

mangocrazy wrote:A mate of mine has the motogp.com package and it looks good value. All the races and practice sessions every race weekend, and in the off season you can watch all the old classics going back to the 1980s. We watched the Assen GP at my place in France and it performed faultlessly.
I have that 2, but I think the price is going to go through the roof next year.
I hate it when people ask if you have a bathroom, I want to say "No we pee in the garden"