Brilliant day at Le Mans

The forum to discuss the latest developments in motorcycle racing. The bikes, the riders, the action!

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

HowardQ
World Champion

Brilliant day at Le Mans

#1 Post by HowardQ » Mon May 20, 2013 8:30 am

Glad you campers had a good weekend, some other campers at Le Mans had something to celebrate as well.
What a brilliant day.
Fabulous ride by Scott, after not too good a start, he led for 3/4 of the race to take the win, first in that class since Alan Carter almost exactly 30 years ago. He never put a foot wrong once he took the lead and had enough "tyres" left at the end to hold the rest off with ease.
Also a great day for the Mark VDS Team with a 1,2 and a Belgian in third, Van Der Stratton did not know who to hug most. He really deserved it after the money he has put in to put Scott on a really competitive bike.
Then it was Cal's turn, probably his best ride in MotoGP, and certainly his best result. He was never going to catch Danny who had the perfect race, but second and first Yamaha M1 must have done him a lot of good as well, (box of updated M1 "bits" in the post please).
It would be a lot better than asking his fans to club together £50k to buy him the latest brakes!

Brit's best day in MotoGP for many years, really enjoyed the racing as well.

P.S. Have to say it was also a great recovery ride for Marquez in the wet, and also a best ever finish for Bradley Smith.
HowardQ

Take a ride on the Dark Side :smt004 :smt096 :smt004

2001 Aprilia Falco in Black
2002 Kawasaki ZX9R F1P

davebms
Track Day Addict
Track Day Addict

#2 Post by davebms » Tue May 21, 2013 6:48 pm

just got back from lemons.. top w/end,, some of the french peeps were not to happy at my/our singsong god save the ...... but hey /ho :smt019
red and black v twin

MartDude
Admin
Admin

#3 Post by MartDude » Tue May 21, 2013 10:31 pm

davebms wrote:just got back from lemons.. top w/end,, some of the french peeps were not to happy at my/our singsong god save the ...... but hey /ho :smt019
:smt001
It flies sideways through time
It's an electric line
To your zodiac sign
I've got a Black and Silver Machine!

HowardQ
World Champion

#4 Post by HowardQ » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:29 pm

Well another good day on Sunday.
Scott had another brilliant ride, it is really good, (and a bit strange), to see a Brit dominating in this way.
I have always admired Nicolas Terol and it looked a bit ominous when he briefly took the lead from Scott, but happy when Scott stuck with him.
Nearly wet myself when Nicolas did the "would you like a turn setting the pace again". It was always a bit silly when anybody did this in the past in 125 or 250s, offering the lead back to Scott in his current confident mood was not the best idea, and his pit crew looked a bit nonplussed as well.
Off went Scott! (no Italian anthem at Monza?!?!, just God Save.........).
Just hope he can keep this up, as he looks unbeatable in this mood.

Then Cal has another great race to another podium (3rd this time), capped a great day.
Great work lads will be a great season if you both keep this up.
HowardQ

Take a ride on the Dark Side :smt004 :smt096 :smt004

2001 Aprilia Falco in Black
2002 Kawasaki ZX9R F1P