The forum to discuss the latest developments in motorcycle racing. The bikes, the riders, the action!

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

randomsquid
Wear the Fox Hat

#46 Post by randomsquid » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:36 pm

Aladinsaneuk wrote:How wrong was I !
Strange, you're normally never wrong.
Where ever I lay my hat.....

blinkey501
World Champion

#47 Post by blinkey501 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:47 pm

randomsquid wrote:
Aladinsaneuk wrote:How wrong was I !
Strange, you're normally never wrong.
:smt064 :smt003
Tolerance will be our undoing.

falcomunky
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#48 Post by falcomunky » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:56 pm

I reckon Marquez might well win the title this year! So much poise and focus, (as well as skill and balls!). :smt004
Two is the magic number... ;)

danthewhippet
Despatch Rider

#49 Post by danthewhippet » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:55 pm

yep, i've had to reconsider my earlier predictions, in total awe of what these boys do with a bike but thought MM would not get away with riding a moto GP like it was a moto2 machine.....but he does! Anyone who watches knew he was a talent but it's jaw dropping skill we're seeing now. Got to admit he's looking like a contender.
Would someone at yamaha please give Cal the equipment that he deserves, what he's achieving with last years bike is fantastic.
OOPS....There goes another pillion!!

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#50 Post by D-Rider » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:52 pm

Well Marques is doing better than I expected at this stage. Still to be seen how he copes when he has a weekend where nothing works right but so far it's more than impressive.

Why oh why did Yamaha give their other works bike to that old chap whose past his best (yes I know - it's the media attention that the name still draws) No 46 beaten (by 10 seconds) by a satellite yam whose rider hadn't even tested at the circuit .... also by a satellite Honda ..... and only one place ahead of that "unrideable" Ducati .....
Come on Yamaha, give Cal the bike he has shown he deserves.
“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein

blinkey501
World Champion

#51 Post by blinkey501 » Sun May 05, 2013 1:50 pm

Well perdosa certainly had a good ride today.
Lorenzo must be changing his underpants. Marquez went in waaaaaaaaaaaay to fast and was lucky to not knock Lorenzo off.
I can only imagine how Lorenzo must feel at this moment in time. :smt013
A nice one two for Honda. And well done to Rossi. Nice clean race and picked up some points. Good race
Tolerance will be our undoing.

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#52 Post by D-Rider » Mon May 06, 2013 12:30 am

blinkey501 wrote:Well perdosa certainly had a good ride today.
Lorenzo must be changing his underpants. Marquez went in waaaaaaaaaaaay to fast and was lucky to not knock Lorenzo off.
I can only imagine how Lorenzo must feel at this moment in time. :smt013
A nice one two for Honda. And well done to Rossi. Nice clean race and picked up some points. Good race
Yes .... although Marquez is in my fantasy race team, I still think it was a stupid move.
I struggle to understand why he seems to have got away with it scott-free when you compare it with the move that Simoncelli pulled on Pedrosa a couple of years ago ..........
“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein

Dalemac
Midnight Rider

#53 Post by Dalemac » Wed May 08, 2013 9:34 pm

Only just got round to watching the race - I agree Marquez should have received a penalty - he went in way too hot and didn't have a chance in hell of stopping without using Lorenzo as a bumper car.

Kwackerz
Admin
Admin

#54 Post by Kwackerz » Wed May 08, 2013 11:05 pm

Lorenzo left the barn door open. tried to close it when the bull was charging thru it.
Marquez did no wrong. last lap. you race at 10/10ths.. or go home in third place
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly

Gio
Double World Champion

#55 Post by Gio » Thu May 09, 2013 7:47 am

I'm with Tim on this, he was on the wrong side of the track, would have been a better move to break heavier and force Marquez wide.
I hate it when people ask if you have a bathroom, I want to say "No we pee in the garden"

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#56 Post by D-Rider » Thu May 09, 2013 9:05 am

..... so why the big issues with Simoncelli 2 years ago?

The issue is that it should either be allowable or it shouldn't. It seems like inconsistency or favouritism. Being that they also changed the rules for this year to allow Marquez straight onto a full factory bike, one might suspect the latter .....
-- Albert Einstein

Kwackerz
Admin
Admin

#57 Post by Kwackerz » Thu May 09, 2013 8:49 pm

The article (s) in this week's MCN were very good on the subject. It's been seen (as it was) as just a racing incident.

To quote Matt Birt on why Marques made the move:

'Sitting back would have been like rolling over and going to sleep with a naked Rihanna sat on the end of your bed'

Love it!!
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#58 Post by D-Rider » Thu May 09, 2013 9:04 pm

I haven't a problem with it being viewed as a racing incident - it's the inconsistency that is the issue - some riders seem to get the book thrown at them and others seem to have no such problems (along with eligibility rules changed to accommodate them)
-- Albert Einstein

Gio
Double World Champion

#59 Post by Gio » Thu May 09, 2013 9:20 pm

D-Rider wrote:I haven't a problem with it being viewed as a racing incident - it's the inconsistency that is the issue - some riders seem to get the book thrown at them and others seem to have no such problems (along with eligibility rules changed to accommodate them)
Well he'd look a bit lame riding on a 2nd class CRT bike, more than likely take half the field out in his enthusiasm for bravado.

But I do have to agree he shouldn't be on a factory bike at this stage, but such is the bully boy tactics of Honda.
I hate it when people ask if you have a bathroom, I want to say "No we pee in the garden"

fatboy
World Champion

Catalunya today

#60 Post by fatboy » Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:56 pm

Amazing start by Lorenzo, fairly harsh conditions with the high temp, many riders spooning it at turn 10.
Good race by lorenzo, usual Pedrosa/Marquez squabble, Marquez almost offed after a failed overtake,too much front brake to stop him runningh into Pedrosa's rear, how he saved that was brilliant.
Marquez got some balls !
Oh, that Italian chappie, did he manage 4th because everyone between him and the leaders dropped it on turn 10 ?
Cleverly disguised as an adult !