The forum to discuss the latest developments in motorcycle racing. The bikes, the riders, the action!

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

fatboy
World Champion

#76 Post by fatboy » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:33 pm

He'd trashed three bikes that weekend, nearly been hit by MM's flying Honda, and was battered and bruised, and you think he's pathetic? You and I (and probably all the posters on here) would have called a halt to the weekend's proceedings after the first off, let alone do it two more times and then do full race distance.
Too true . No doubt Cal was battered and still put up a fight, I just wish he had a little more killer instinct,especially on his starts.
Cal, we want to see you on the podium !
Cleverly disguised as an adult !

Gio
Double World Champion

#77 Post by Gio » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:50 pm

D-Rider wrote:
Gio wrote: I thought Cal was pathetic, its as if he's given up
Gio wrote:Fine by me, even if it was a mishmash of bits, but seeing as he binned it the previous weekend, surely that should have told him was trying just a bit to hard, after all its not a factory bike, yet he's starting to treat it like one.
Make your mind up Gio - is he trying too hard or not hard enough :smt017

Surely he can't be doing both at the same time.
I think both, trying to hard on a non factory bike and binning it, its as if he doesn't care, he could get hurt that way. He's proven he can get a podium at quite a few tracks, so why try and win its mission impossible on that bike, instead he could be on the podium every other race if he cooled it a bit.
I hate it when people ask if you have a bathroom, I want to say "No we pee in the garden"

Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

#78 Post by Firestarter » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:24 pm

Gio wrote:
D-Rider wrote:
Gio wrote: I thought Cal was pathetic, its as if he's given up
Gio wrote:Fine by me, even if it was a mishmash of bits, but seeing as he binned it the previous weekend, surely that should have told him was trying just a bit to hard, after all its not a factory bike, yet he's starting to treat it like one.
Make your mind up Gio - is he trying too hard or not hard enough :smt017

Surely he can't be doing both at the same time.
I think both, trying to hard on a non factory bike and binning it, its as if he doesn't care, he could get hurt that way. He's proven he can get a podium at quite a few tracks, so why try and win its mission impossible on that bike, instead he could be on the podium every other race if he cooled it a bit.
You can't really be a racer and not try to win. Even on a bike that might not be able to. If you're in 5th, you're fighting for 4th. If you're on the podium, you're looking for 1st place. Just the nature of a racer to try and go further, to the point of falling of
Aprilia SL1000 Falco '04 in Black & Red

fatboy
World Champion

#79 Post by fatboy » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:24 pm

Might be on my own here but after watching today, I think Marquez is a complete cunt !

Gio
Double World Champion

#80 Post by Gio » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:50 pm

fatboy wrote:Might be on my own here but after watching today, I think Marquez is a complete cunt !
I think you are 2, only for the simple reason look how many times Pedrosa took out Hayden when he was in his championship year. Oh and FIM took no action over either of those incidents (spastics)
I hate it when people ask if you have a bathroom, I want to say "No we pee in the garden"

mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

#81 Post by mangocrazy » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:15 pm

Gio wrote:
fatboy wrote:Might be on my own here but after watching today, I think Marquez is a complete cunt !
I think you are 2, only for the simple reason look how many times Pedrosa took out Hayden when he was in his championship year. Oh and FIM took no action over either of those incidents (spastics)
That'll be the once, then.

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#82 Post by D-Rider » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:23 pm

Gio wrote:
Isn't the term "cerebral palsy" these days?

Is there any real evidence of them suffering from this affliction ? especially as a group ?

I doubt it.
“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein

Paulh
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

#83 Post by Paulh » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:01 am

Can't actually see the problem with Marques - yes he's a bit ragged at times but he's still a rookie on a GP bike, and theres nothing going on as physical as say Scott Redding v Espagaro in Moto 2. Compared to Pedrosa and Stoner who always looked miserable he's a breath of fresh air.

The incident with Pedrosa was pure bad luck with clipping a sensor wire (never seen that happen before) - you frequently see much bigger contact from Rossi, Lorenzo etc sitting people up mid corner, and from the 2 Ducati's bouncing each other off track, but they fortunately get away with it.

I'm sure Honda will have more than a few words about calming down though as he cost them a good few points in the manufacturers standings.

Racing should never be a contact sport, but at the speeds they operate at there are always going to be accidents and as long as its not deliberate, which this wasnt, its just part of racing.

fatboy
World Champion

#84 Post by fatboy » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:46 pm

To put things in context, I have not said that Edwards and Rossi were cunts regarding Simoncelli.
IMO, Marquez is greedy selfish little bastard, generating unnecessary risk to other riders, he know's its it the bag so why be such a cocky little twat on raggedy tyres ect ect.
Of course it is competitve but surely a pro does all he can to reduce the risks to all others ?

Paulh
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

#85 Post by Paulh » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:23 pm

Well they have made a decision - and its a bit strange. Marques gets a point on his licence, but honda lose 25 points in the constructers championship.

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2013/Sepa ... ol%20Honda

Didn't expect Marques to be docked any points (IMO he did nothing to warrant it), but strange to dock honda who were also the losers in the incident with Pedrosa not scoring

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#86 Post by D-Rider » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:27 pm

What a load of bollox. Marquez barely touched him - you see things 10x worse in just about every race.
Effectively Pedrosa came off due to the equivalent of a sensor failure that didn't control the bike when he cracked the throttle wide open.

..... they haven't got a clue.
“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein

Paulh
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

#87 Post by Paulh » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:47 am

Good quote from Lorenzo on motogp site

“The Jerez action was a great show, and Silverstone, and Laguna when he passed Valentino outside of the track was a great show, so I think they should encourage that type of action to make an example to the young riders…I think they are wrong (about the one penalty point). They have too many penalties. They should have given him one more point in the championship!”

fatboy
World Champion

Strange stuff down under !

#88 Post by fatboy » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:54 pm

Lorenzo had murdered his rear tyre before I'd smoked a roll up, I would have expected Marquez to have remained glued to Lorenzo and pitted at the same time, he missed the wake up call, the lowside which he recovered amazingly, just before lap 10,the max for pitting.
Who cocked up there, pit crew or rider ?
Who thought it would be a good idea to limit the pit lane exit speed ?
Could have been nasty there with no rider being at fault when L and M swapped paint on the pit exit

mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

#89 Post by mangocrazy » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:55 pm

I thought the schemozzle in the Honda garage after Marquez was black-flagged was really quite amusing. Where I work the mantra the bosses quote is ' we don't have a blame culture here', but when the shit hits the fan the first thing they do is look for a scapegoat. I bet Honda operate that way as well... :smt003

Personally I reckon it was pilot error. I can't blame him; the rider has enough to think of without stupid rules invented on the spot to cover the tyre manufacturer's arse. Not only that, MM had come within a fag paper of crashing a couple of corners earlier and an enforced pit stop was probably the last thing on his mind.

Agree about the pit lane exit speed rule. That was an accident waiting to happen. In fact the pit lane exit is in a pretty crap place full stop.

Paulh
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

#90 Post by Paulh » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:21 am

Think they said the pit lane exit issue was becaase they hadn't resurfaced it and thought it was unafe at race speed due to the ammount of bumps (and you couldnt have people racing down it which would have happened after the pit stops)

Total cock up by Bridgestone, and also Dunlop in the Moto2 - makes you wonder what they put in the tarmac though.