The forum to discuss the latest developments in motorcycle racing. The bikes, the riders, the action!

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

Re: Catalunya today

#61 Post by D-Rider » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:57 pm

fatboy wrote: Oh, that Italian chappie, did he manage 4th because everyone between him and the leaders dropped it on turn 10 ?
Yep he did ...... only 2 places ahead of Bradley Smith :smt003
“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein

Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

#62 Post by Firestarter » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:49 am

But, he was in 5th anyway - the only hop-off in front of him was Crutchlow. Although I did think Bautista was going to make it 2-for-2 on the first lap!

Did Marquez actually touch? Looked like there was 3-4" to spare on the replay, looked more like he locked the front trying to prevent an impact

Pedrosa should have romped that - fastest in quals, lightest and easiest on the tyres, yet fades away with 5 laps to go. Surely Honda have got to make another choice this year - he's a good rider to be fair, but he's had how many years to win the championship, and now this young upstart from Moto2 is showing him up?

Good showing by Ducati, until Hayden binned it and Smith passed Dovi
Aprilia SL1000 Falco '04 in Black & Red

Gio
Double World Champion

#63 Post by Gio » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:15 am

Firestarter wrote:But, he was in 5th anyway - the only hop-off in front of him was Crutchlow. Although I did think Bautista was going to make it 2-for-2 on the first lap!

Did Marquez actually touch? Looked like there was 3-4" to spare on the replay, looked more like he locked the front trying to prevent an impact

Pedrosa should have romped that - fastest in quals, lightest and easiest on the tyres, yet fades away with 5 laps to go. Surely Honda have got to make another choice this year - he's a good rider to be fair, but he's had how many years to win the championship, and now this young upstart from Moto2 is showing him up?

I think Marquez will wind up in front of Pedrosa points wise, Pedrosa looks like he's pedaling backwards these days. As for him looking smooth and easy on tyres, I think you need to look again, he's looked very jerky the last couple of races.
I hate it when people ask if you have a bathroom, I want to say "No we pee in the garden"

Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

#64 Post by Firestarter » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:00 pm

Gio wrote:
Firestarter wrote:But, he was in 5th anyway - the only hop-off in front of him was Crutchlow. Although I did think Bautista was going to make it 2-for-2 on the first lap!

I think Marquez will wind up in front of Pedrosa points wise, Pedrosa looks like he's pedaling backwards these days. As for him looking smooth and easy on tyres, I think you need to look again, he's looked very jerky the last couple of races.
Not my words about being smooth, as that's my point - he's alway billed as being the easiest on tyres, being the lightest, but he seems to completely lose it in the last few laps as if the tyres have gone off. Maybe cos he's been chasing Lorenzo and Marquez so hard...
Aprilia SL1000 Falco '04 in Black & Red

fatboy
World Champion

#65 Post by fatboy » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:54 pm

Rossi pulled it out the bag at Assen, Pedrosa showed his sell by date,Marquez showed his inexperience, lorenzo showed he is top class and a hard bastard,Crutchlow showed he has talent but needs to be more ballsy.
Still, massive respect to Crutchlowe and lorenzo
Cleverly disguised as an adult !

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#66 Post by D-Rider » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:44 pm

Crutchlow worried too much about the politics of passing Lorenzo. If he'd done it straight away it's more than likely he'd have had his first race victory in that class.
“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein

Gio
Double World Champion

#67 Post by Gio » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:40 pm

D-Rider wrote:Crutchlow worried too much about the politics of passing Lorenzo. If he'd done it straight away it's more than likely he'd have had his first race victory in that class.
Indeed, if he'd taken it earlier then Pedrosa would have wound up even lower IMO, as he seems to lose any passion for a fight. By that I mean maybe even Lorenzo might have got past.
I hate it when people ask if you have a bathroom, I want to say "No we pee in the garden"

fatboy
World Champion

#68 Post by fatboy » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:50 pm

Silverstone...
Well done Lorenzo, that was a classy 'Fuck you' to Marquez :smt003
Poor old Cal, c'mon dude, time to get a bit nasty with it

Gio
Double World Champion

#69 Post by Gio » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:18 am

Indeed well done Jorge, he's certainly the best rider at the moment you could see how fast the Honda's were running down to Stowe, I thought 15 mph or more faster.

Thought Rossi could have had a podium if only he'd started as he finished. I thought Cal was pathetic, its as if he's given up ala Pedrosa.

I have just one question, how long until Marquez has a major accident? He seems to take more risks the further into the season we go.

fatboy
World Champion

#70 Post by fatboy » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:27 pm

Would be very interesting to see Lorenzo on a Honda against Marquez !
Marquez is still very young,very spirited and therefore thinks he is invincible.
It was sheer greed on his part to chance it like that with a dislocated shoulder, 2nd would have been a very good result.
He is ballsy and also lucky rather than fluid and experienced, pride comes before a fall !

mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

#71 Post by mangocrazy » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:23 pm

Gio wrote: I thought Cal was pathetic, its as if he's given up ala Pedrosa.
He'd trashed three bikes that weekend, nearly been hit by MM's flying Honda, and was battered and bruised, and you think he's pathetic? You and I (and probably all the posters on here) would have called a halt to the weekend's proceedings after the first off, let alone do it two more times and then do full race distance.

Not only that, but his bike was a cobbled-together assemblage of all the spares they had left; hardly the best set-up bike on the grid. Personally I think calling Cal pathetic after what he's been through this weekend is pretty pathetic in itself.

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#72 Post by D-Rider » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:31 pm

Couldn't agree more Graham
-- Albert Einstein

HowardQ
World Champion

#73 Post by HowardQ » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:26 pm

And me makes 3. !
HowardQ

Take a ride on the Dark Side :smt004 :smt096 :smt004

2001 Aprilia Falco in Black
2002 Kawasaki ZX9R F1P

Gio
Double World Champion

#74 Post by Gio » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:29 pm

Fine by me, even if it was a mishmash of bits, but seeing as he binned it the previous weekend, surely that should have told him was trying just a bit to hard, after all its not a factory bike, yet he's starting to treat it like one.

Personally I like Crutchlow he's good, enjoys a banter and he's always smiling but he won't get a win on it, its not good enough a bike.

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#75 Post by D-Rider » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:00 pm

Gio wrote: I thought Cal was pathetic, its as if he's given up
Gio wrote:Fine by me, even if it was a mishmash of bits, but seeing as he binned it the previous weekend, surely that should have told him was trying just a bit to hard, after all its not a factory bike, yet he's starting to treat it like one.
Make your mind up Gio - is he trying too hard or not hard enough :smt017

Surely he can't be doing both at the same time.
-- Albert Einstein