Max Calls It A Day

The forum to discuss the latest developments in motorcycle racing. The bikes, the riders, the action!

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

Max Calls It A Day

#1 Post by D-Rider » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:24 pm

Aprilia'sWebsite wrote: Aprilia and Piaggio Group thank Max Biaggi

Noale, 7 November 2012 - Aprilia Racing and the Piaggio Group wish to thank Max Biaggi on this, the day when he has announced his retirement from racing, for his extraordinary contribution to the world of sports and the Aprilia image.

From the first championship title he won in 1994 in the 250 class to the Rider and Manufacturer titles won this year on the Aprilia RSV4 in World SBK, Aprilia's history in competitive motorcycling has been inextricably connected to the Max’s efforts, winning unforgettable victories and becoming the only Italian rider to have ever triumphed in World Superbike.

Max won five of his six world titles astride bikes from Noale in addition to winning 41 races and riding his way to 43 podiums: he is without question the most victorious Aprilia rider ever, as well as one of the greatest players in motorcycle sports on a global level. The Piaggio Group extends warmest wishes of happiness and success to Max Biaggi in his personal endeavours and in any new professional activities that he may undertake.

http://www.aprilia.com/en-US/News/99663 ... i_eng.aspx
“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein

Falconihlist
SuperSport Racer
SuperSport Racer

#2 Post by Falconihlist » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:10 pm

Never liked him personally, but that's just me. Can't take away that he was an excellent rider, and managed to put a few younger riders in their place on track.

Would have been good to see him and Rossi have one final slug fest in WSB though.
Black is fastest!

Gio
Double World Champion

#3 Post by Gio » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:22 am

Like Falcon, never really liked the bloke, was far to gobby when Rossi made him look crap in motogp and the 250 class.

The emperor is dead, maybe he should buy some new clothes.
I hate it when people ask if you have a bathroom, I want to say "No we pee in the garden"

Aladinsaneuk
Aprilia Admin

#4 Post by Aladinsaneuk » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:48 am

clothes?

more likely he would want new hair.. or some hair - his VERY quick at getting the cap on to cover his tonsure.....

Let's face it, you wouldn't go to a nurse to get good advice on a problem with a Falco - you'd choose an Engineer or a mechanic...

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#5 Post by D-Rider » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:24 pm

Aladinsaneuk wrote:clothes?

more likely he would want new hair.. or some hair - his VERY quick at getting the cap on to cover his tonsure.....
Not any more - last race interview I saw him give was sans chapeau and sporting quite a head of hair

I quite liked the guy - his riding style was head and shoulders above most (even if he wasn't .... though most of them are rather little ....)
“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein

Kwackerz
Admin
Admin

#6 Post by Kwackerz » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:57 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BA2clO3WFE

He could certainly ride a bike...
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly

Aladinsaneuk
Aprilia Admin

#7 Post by Aladinsaneuk » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:55 pm

I liked him - but he could not fight for shit.....

I also enjoyed his verbal sparring with rossi et al :)

Let's face it, you wouldn't go to a nurse to get good advice on a problem with a Falco - you'd choose an Engineer or a mechanic...

HowardQ
World Champion

#8 Post by HowardQ » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:16 pm

He may not have fought so hard when things were going badly, but absolutely brilliantly consistent on his day.
As it says, he has done more for Aprillia Racing than anybody and for that we have to thank him.
:smt038 :smt038 :smt038 :smt038

Good luck to him in the future.
HowardQ

Take a ride on the Dark Side :smt004 :smt096 :smt004

2001 Aprilia Falco in Black
2002 Kawasaki ZX9R F1P

fatboy
World Champion

#9 Post by fatboy » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:16 pm

Kwackers link..
How did he not flip that ????
MAGIC !