Vintage Honda CB72/CB77 parts for sale (some NOS)

If you're selling your motorbike, any parts or accessories - then place your FREE advert here. No trade adverts.

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

Vintage Honda CB72/CB77 parts for sale (some NOS)

#1 Post by mangocrazy » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:36 am

About a year ago I came to the realisation that I was never actually going to restore the Honda CB72 (250cc) and CB77 (305cc) that I'd owned since the very early '70s. This realisation hit after I was ejected from the lockup garage in which I had been storing them (and a large amount of other old tat) and I had to fit 5 bikes into a space designed for 3 at a push. Something had to give, and the old Hondas had to go. These were quintessentially '60s bikes and were instrumental in establishing Honda as a force in motorcycling.

I've recently been doing a clear-out and have found a number of spares for these bikes (some NOS) squirrelled around the place. I'll be adding items to the list below and adding photos of the items.

1. NOS combined speedometer and revcounter. Zero miles, new condition, only been out of the box to photograph it.

DSC_3661.JPG
DSC_3661.JPG (1.09 MiB) Viewed 4351 times
DSC_3654.JPG
DSC_3654.JPG (1.42 MiB) Viewed 4351 times

Tweaker
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer
Main bike: BMW R1250RS

Re: Vintage Honda CB72/CB77 parts for sale (some NOS)

#2 Post by Tweaker » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:47 am

Hi MC. I haven't been on the forum for ages (don't have an Aprilia any more 😭).
Still, just dropped in for, old times sake, and saw your post re the CB77 bits!
Like you, mine (1964 CB77) has been ongoing for longer than I care to mention. However, I'm nearly there with it now so would be interested in knowing what you've got in the way of bits.
Do you have a price in mind for the Speedo? Mine is working but could do with a refurb.
Hopefully, this year will see it on the road (although I recall saying that last year too!)

All the best

Dave
The ride is the reason ........ the destination is just the excuse.

mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

#3 Post by mangocrazy » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:50 pm

Hi Dave, good to hear from you again. As is the way, I'm trying to get a good price for the parts I have I put the Speedo up on the FB VJMC Buy and Sell group for £250 but if it doesn't sell quickly it just gets lost. It's very hard to put a price on stuff like this - they are rare as hen's teeth but similarly they are only worth what someone is prepared to pay. It's substantially cheaper than the last list price for this item if it were still available (which it's not).

I also have a brand new pair of black/chrome shocks - NOS again and in perfect condition, a tail light/number plate holder assembly (secondhand), a pair of stainless silencers, but with a scrape on one and welding on the other, but still quite good condition, a s/h rotor/stator assembly, a s/h headlight assembly (good chrome on reflector) and a few bits and bobs - friction steering damper, set of s/h points. Think that's about it.

mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

#4 Post by mangocrazy » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:50 am

Just to say that the Shocks have been purchased and are no longer for sale.