Falco tail tidies

If you're selling your motorbike, any parts or accessories - then place your FREE advert here. No trade adverts.

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

wayno
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#196 Post by wayno » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:02 am

I wish I'd gone the extra mile and used stainless, I thought the powdercoating would be enough, but I was obviously wrong.

Mine's still fine but has only seen rain about 3 times so no comparison to you boys who ride daily through the rain.
Pass me a hammer, a spanner and a cuppa

Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

#197 Post by Firestarter » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:33 pm

Mine is in daily use, rain or shine, and is still standing up well (powder coated not stainless), no signs of any rust or other issues!
Aprilia SL1000 Falco '04 in Black & Red

fatboy
World Champion

#198 Post by fatboy » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:08 pm

Wayno, I think I got the only bracket that some lazy bugger got bored of linishing before it went for coating.
Nothing wrong with your work mate !
Cleverly disguised as an adult !

FalcoDaz
Despatch Rider

#199 Post by FalcoDaz » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:34 pm

I think I was clear that the ones I was selling were uncoated. The general consensus from the people who expressed an interest was that uncoated was the way to go.

i painted mine with plasticoat anyway.
fatboy wrote:Wayno, I think I got the only bracket that some lazy bugger got bored of linishing before it went for coating.
Nothing wrong with your work mate !

FalcoPete
Despatch Rider

Re: Falco tail tidies

#200 Post by FalcoPete » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:58 pm

wayno wrote:Overmakes from when I made my own one (I got a batch of blanks made)
If you are still looking for more buyers to make the min of 5, I would like one so please count me in :smt002
The Falco - a gentleman's sports bike; a hardcore sports-tourer; a connoisseur's motorcycle (BIKE Mag July'08)

FalcoDaz
Despatch Rider

Tail tidy

#201 Post by FalcoDaz » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:57 pm

Hi Pete

I'm gathering names from here and Apriliaforums. I'll check back with you just for confirmation before I place an order. Keep checking your inbox as i have no idea when i will have enough interest.

Cheers, Daz

FalcoPete
Despatch Rider

Re: Tail tidy

#202 Post by FalcoPete » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:35 pm

FalcoDaz wrote:Hi Pete

I'm gathering names from here and Apriliaforums. I'll check back with you just for confirmation before I place an order. Keep checking your inbox as i have no idea when i will have enough interest.

Cheers, Daz
No probs :smt003
The Falco - a gentleman's sports bike; a hardcore sports-tourer; a connoisseur's motorcycle (BIKE Mag July'08)

mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

#203 Post by mangocrazy » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:59 pm

FalcoDaz wrote:I think I was clear that the ones I was selling were uncoated. The general consensus from the people who expressed an interest was that uncoated was the way to go.

i painted mine with plasticoat anyway.
Quite so. I had two, and got one polished (for the blue bike) and the other one powder coated satin black (for the flamingo red/graphite bike), and both look great, fit great and work great. Excellent initial design by Wayno, further improved by using 2mm stainless sheet in your updated version, Daz.

Excellent piece of kit and I cannot see how the design and execution could be improved.

scottyni
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

#204 Post by scottyni » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:42 pm

sprayed mines black and it's virtually hidden so no dramas...though mines is still waiting for me too rebuild my bike
if you can't ride it....
OR take it too bed...

IT AIN'T WORTH HAVIN...

FalcoDaz
Despatch Rider

New batch

#205 Post by FalcoDaz » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:35 pm

Okay Falconistas, I've set the wheels in motion for 5 more tidies to be made. If you've PM'd me I'll be in touch to check if you're still in the market. I hope they'll be ready before the end of the month. Same deal as before, £25.00 incl UK delivery or for overseas the equivalent of £35.00 in your local currency.

FalcoDaz
Despatch Rider

Little addition...

#206 Post by FalcoDaz » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:29 pm

Hi all (especially those who bought one of the tidies),

With my impending MOT I've decided to try and create a little mod for the tailtidy so that the original reflector can be incorporated back in. The reason is I don't want to drill my number plate, which was going to be my first solution. So I've been back on the CAD system and knocked up a bracket which will sit behind the plate allowing the reflector to sit just below the bottom edge of it, depending on the size of your number plate of course.

What I now need is somewhere who can cut it (them) out for me from some 1.5mm-2mm "plastic". I'm thinking PE or HDPE something not too brittle but very light. Does anybody know anywhere that cuts plastic sheets?

If I find somewhere then I'm offering to make a few of these, and send them out to people who bought the tail tidies and can use one, for the price of postage only.

btw I have 3 tidies still available, but they are on "you know where" so could go in a flash.

Aladinsaneuk
Aprilia Admin

#207 Post by Aladinsaneuk » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:28 am

I have a stick on reflector - about the size of a 20p piece that sticks on the number plate....

Let's face it, you wouldn't go to a nurse to get good advice on a problem with a Falco - you'd choose an Engineer or a mechanic...

FalcoDaz
Despatch Rider

#208 Post by FalcoDaz » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:36 am

Yeah, I'm not impressed with those. I know they make it through the MOT, but I think I'm a frustrated engineer who likes a more refined solution.

For the MOT, i will probably use a piece of plastic and some gaffer tape! There's refined for you.
Aladinsaneuk wrote:I have a stick on reflector - about the size of a 20p piece that sticks on the number plate....

wayno
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#209 Post by wayno » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:41 pm

If you want them cut, go to a water jet company, they'll be able to do it for you nice and quick
Pass me a hammer, a spanner and a cuppa

MartDude
Admin
Admin

#210 Post by MartDude » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:11 pm

And we have our very own water-jet maestro here in RiderSite. A PM to Willopotamas might be productive.
It flies sideways through time
It's an electric line
To your zodiac sign
I've got a Black and Silver Machine!