Falco tail tidies

If you're selling your motorbike, any parts or accessories - then place your FREE advert here. No trade adverts.

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

flatlander
Eprom Test Pilot (Stig)

#151 Post by flatlander » Mon May 11, 2015 9:03 pm

Apparently squid said something similar once but I think that was more likely to have involved sailors
For the avoidance of doubt and for the benefit of my wife, not everything I may say here will be absolutely true I may on ocassion embellish a little for effect.
That said when it comes to motorbikes, I like to ride side saddle with a nice frock

FalcoDaz
Despatch Rider

#152 Post by FalcoDaz » Mon May 11, 2015 9:14 pm

If i can get them done in stainless do you want them unfinished then to polish or paint as you see fit or do you want them powder coated?

is that a dumb question? I really don't know!

flatlander
Eprom Test Pilot (Stig)

#153 Post by flatlander » Mon May 11, 2015 11:19 pm

Seems like a perfectly sensible question to me and the answer is Either is good :)
For the avoidance of doubt and for the benefit of my wife, not everything I may say here will be absolutely true I may on ocassion embellish a little for effect.
That said when it comes to motorbikes, I like to ride side saddle with a nice frock

mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

#154 Post by mangocrazy » Mon May 11, 2015 11:37 pm

I'd say for your convenience and to make the ordering process simpler that you should offer them in plain stainless (unpolished, no coating) and then if people want to get them polished or coated afterwards they are free to do so. And I'd go up a size in the material from 1.5mm sheet to 2mm for added strength and durability.

I'm interested in 2 sets, by the way... :smt003

fatboy
World Champion

#155 Post by fatboy » Tue May 12, 2015 7:53 pm

W could stepping up to 2mm stainless step up the price ?
My stainless bodge is 0.9mm s/steel and seems more substantial than the broken bit.
Could these be available for standard ( 6mm mount plus wiring out )
or 8mm mount (no cut out) for aftermarket indies
Cleverly disguised as an adult !

FalcoDaz
Despatch Rider

#156 Post by FalcoDaz » Tue May 12, 2015 9:21 pm

Fatboy, let me see what kind of prices i get back from the suppliers. Once i get some responses i will ask furthrr questions. I could easily modify the design.

I'm sure I've found someone who can cut them, but they don't do coating or bending. Trying to find someone to do the works to keep it simple.

Looking at getting 10 made, so I'll have some spares if anyone else is interested?

fatboy
World Champion

#157 Post by fatboy » Wed May 13, 2015 6:57 pm

Thanks Daz.
Come on you lot, buy some nice shiney things so the good man can get a get a good price
Cleverly disguised as an adult !

flatlander
Eprom Test Pilot (Stig)

#158 Post by flatlander » Wed May 13, 2015 7:43 pm

Well funds depending I may want two remember TVM

scottyni
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

#159 Post by scottyni » Mon May 18, 2015 3:32 pm

interested in 1 myself.....keep us informed
if you can't ride it....
OR take it too bed...

IT AIN'T WORTH HAVIN...

FalcoDaz
Despatch Rider

#160 Post by FalcoDaz » Mon May 18, 2015 5:17 pm

Currenntly struggling to get anyone to even talk to me about this. When i have news i'll post again.

mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

#161 Post by mangocrazy » Mon May 18, 2015 7:42 pm

We have a couple of water jet and laser jet cutting companies in Sheffield (unsurprisingly, I suppose). I can give you the email address of the firm I used to do this, if you like:

https://www.ridersite.com/viewtopic.php?t=12602

wayno
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#162 Post by wayno » Mon May 18, 2015 7:45 pm

If you email me the new 2d file I'll get my local lot to quote them.

Wayne.french15@yahoo.co.uk
Pass me a hammer, a spanner and a cuppa

FalcoDaz
Despatch Rider

#163 Post by FalcoDaz » Thu May 21, 2015 8:17 pm

That's some serious metal work Mango, thanks for the info but I think I've got someone now. I'm just giving another guy a chance to quote by tomorrow, if he doesn't come back to me then I'll go with the first place.

I'm looking to get 10 made, so far I need 6 (scottyni x 1, flatlander x 2, mangocrazy x 2 and me x 1)

They'll be 2mm stainless, designed for original indicators (for now). The jury is still out (trying to get a price) on powder coat (satin black). Is anybody adamant on wanting uncoated? Another mate of mine suggested spraying them with Plasticoat Barbeque paint, doesn't need priming and is pretty tough! They'll be a few quid less if uncoated, I'll firm up on prices next week, once I know for sure if powder coat is a goer. I'm not looking to make on these, they'll be virtually cost price, until the left-overs go on ebay!

I'll be putting the order in next week and will keep you all updated.

flatlander
Eprom Test Pilot (Stig)

#164 Post by flatlander » Thu May 21, 2015 9:35 pm

I just need to be able to mount high level cans that's my main objective - without melting the induxators :) which the standard tail piece has obviously been designed to do !

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#165 Post by D-Rider » Fri May 22, 2015 10:39 am

flatlander wrote:I just need to be able to mount high level cans that's my main objective -
.... moved on from sheep then ?
“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein