Tyres for Trackbikes (Trackday and Race rubber)

Looking to buy a new helmet, clothing or accessories? Ask for opinions and advice here.

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

Kwackerz
Admin
Admin

Tyres for Trackbikes (Trackday and Race rubber)

#1 Post by Kwackerz » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:52 pm

Please post your tyre reviews in here! Found a decent tyre for your bike? Tell us about it! Be sure to include the Bike Make and Model and main use, as well as your write up on the tyres!
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly

bigjel
Despatch Rider

Pirelli Dragon SuperCorsa Pro

#2 Post by bigjel » Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:21 pm

Bike: Kawsaki ZXR750 Trackday/road bike

Tyre: Pirelli SuperCorsa Pro SC1 (soft) front SC2 (med) rear

I had a set of these on my trackday come road bike and they were quite simply an awesome tyre, the bke started out as a trackday tool, but ended up being used on the road with day time MOT after i sold my '04' Blade and these tyres offered sure footed 100% confidence inspiring grip levels right to the edge, no movement no slides or sideways nonsense, just total reassurence.

The only downside if there is one, is that due to the fact they are primerilly a track focused tyre there isn't any tread at the edge's so getting caught out in the rain, probably isn't a good idea, but for sunny summer fun and track use they offer the ulimate confidence in cornering.

Would I fit them again, yes absolutly on a dry road they can't be beaten.

BJ
I'll do slow when I'm dead :smt026

kiwi_rsvr
Track Day Addict
Track Day Addict

#3 Post by kiwi_rsvr » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:55 pm

I would like to recomend the Dunlop SportSmart, I have tried everything from the Pirelli Diablo Corsa I, II & III, Dunlop 208RR, Qualifier, Qualifier RR and have setteld on the SportSmart as the perfect compromise between trackday and road riding.

When pushed hard they will slide a little before letting go, you dont get the sudden snap that the Pirelli's or the Bridgestone's seem to do.

mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

#4 Post by mangocrazy » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:01 pm

I'd second the nomination for RoadSmarts. I haven't done a trackday on them, but they've been superb on everything else. The only thing that stops me promising that I'll replace the current set with another, is that Dunlop have recently released the SportSmart...