Ruroc

Looking to buy a new helmet, clothing or accessories? Ask for opinions and advice here.

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

Adders
Pizza Delivery Rider
Pizza Delivery Rider

Ruroc

#1 Post by Adders » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:24 am

What’s the consensus?

katie1
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer
Main bike: S1000RR, 1290 SDGT

Re: Ruroc

#2 Post by katie1 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:18 pm

:smt030 You rock too?
Remember, when you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It is only painful for others.
The same applies when you are stupid.

RiceBurner
Track Day Addict
Track Day Addict

#3 Post by RiceBurner » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:21 pm

:smt102

mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

#4 Post by mangocrazy » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:40 pm

Insufficient data.

FalcoJock
Track Day Addict
Track Day Addict

#5 Post by FalcoJock » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:36 am

Curiosity got the better of me, and I typed ruroc into google. Motorcycle crash helmets by a company, who it seems, comes from a snow sports crash helmet background. I'm a bit turned off by their marketing language, which is clearly not aimed at old fogies like me. I can cope with 'cool' designs, but 'sickest' designs excludes me. "For years people were blowing up our lines asking, when are you guys gonna make a motorcycle approved helmet!?!" Blowing up our lines??? Sorry, I'm showing an ageist prejudice here.

Carbon helmets for £375. There seems to be two basic designs, a full face with visor (the Atlas), and helmet with chin guard, a peak and goggles (showing their snow sports background, and called the Berserker). But the selling point appears to be the range of decal designs, rather than any technical/safety innovations. In fact, I couldn't see any product information regarding weight or safety standard.

I have a Shoei-shaped head, so I'd need to know more about them and try them on before forming an opinion.

Edit: They're "badass designs" according to one reviewer (doesn't help). One YouTube review showed that they come with a pinlock included (not just enabled) and a dark visor (clear visor fitted). I prefer an integrated flip up/down sun visor. They also do a separate Bluetooth communication kit that is designed to integrate easily with the helmet - that sounds good.