MWR HE Induction Kit Update

Looking to buy a new helmet, clothing or accessories? Ask for opinions and advice here.

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

FalcoPete
Despatch Rider

MWR HE Induction Kit Update

#1 Post by FalcoPete » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:57 am

Hi Guys,
Just thought some of you might like to know that there has been an update to the MWR HE Induction kit MC-010-97-HE.

This was from a single piece of feedback where a few riders were experiencing that the filter foam was being partly sucked away and could get trapped and in the TB's. When Racing Filters heard of this they immediately investigated and redesigned the filter to eradicate the problem.

I had the original design installed in my Falco and had not experienced this issue at all. My engine backfired a couple of times and noticed that it had slightly caught the filter, but nothing major and being the OCD type that likes everything as perfect as possible, I contacted Wilco (CEO) and explained the situ. I now have the new design, through warranty and can see that the modifications would address the TB's issue that any of you may have experienced.

Have included a link that shows the differences between the original and new design here.

If you believe you have this problem then you need to contact Racing Filters by email (info@racingairfilters.eu) and mention this post with your filter specific details and provide images if you can. They will come back to you and they will replace it, under warranty, if found to be suffering this issue. Turn around time commitment (from the time they receive your filter) is only one day plus shipping time back to you.

Hope this helps guys and have to say that I have found Wilco to be very understanding, accomodating and true to his word - can't say fairer than that.
The Falco - a gentleman's sports bike; a hardcore sports-tourer; a connoisseur's motorcycle (BIKE Mag July'08)

Falcopops
GP Racer
GP Racer

#2 Post by Falcopops » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:58 pm

Very timely post mate, I just got one of these filters second hand and Griff was very very negative due to them breaking down and potentially jamming throttles open.

I was prepared to ditch the filter as I wouldn't move it on knowing what I know, but this looks like a saving grace.

Thanks for your efforts.

FalcoPete
Despatch Rider

#3 Post by FalcoPete » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:13 am

Falcopops wrote:Very timely post mate, I just got one of these filters second hand and Griff was very very negative due to them breaking down and potentially jamming throttles open.

I was prepared to ditch the filter as I wouldn't move it on knowing what I know, but this looks like a saving grace.

Thanks for your efforts.
Glad to have been of some help mate. Let me know how you get on.
The Falco - a gentleman's sports bike; a hardcore sports-tourer; a connoisseur's motorcycle (BIKE Mag July'08)