Lidle blue tooth bike hands free and intercom kit

Looking to buy a new helmet, clothing or accessories? Ask for opinions and advice here.

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

HisNibbs
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

Lidle blue tooth bike hands free and intercom kit

#1 Post by HisNibbs » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:14 pm

Just picked up one of these for a little over £20 and installed it. Seems to be pretty good and certainly amazing value. Not been out on the road yet but it has fitted neatly into my helmet and I'm listening to music from from the ipad ok, even with my filtered ear plugs in.

Doubt it'l be loud enough for 70+ cruising but I got it for my sat nav and bimbling around.
Don't put off 'till tomorrow what you can enjoy today

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#2 Post by D-Rider » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:45 pm

Yes I spotted those and great value they appear to be.

I note that rider to pillion is done via a wire rather than wirelessly but a small issue at that price.

I don't need them myself as I have a rider / passenger / other bike type of set that does the phone too .... but if I did, I'd get one of these.

BTW both Aldi and Lidl have bike stuff in at the moment.
“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein

HisNibbs
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#3 Post by HisNibbs » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:54 pm

Rarely carry a pillion and I when I do, can probably do without hearing them...

Will try it out though and hopefully we can be sufficiently coordinated to avoid strangling one-another.

flatlander
Eprom Test Pilot (Stig)

#4 Post by flatlander » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:02 pm

Given my history don't get many volunteers for riding pillion unlike squid who apparently has plenty of bareback experience not sure where the wires would fit for that tho!
I never get far enough into a journey to need the sat nav though it may be useful for calling the emergency services or green flag ... Alad? You could call them just before you break down and save time

Also my phone is full of photos of theo so no space for music :) but does sound like might be worth having in the cupboard
For the avoidance of doubt and for the benefit of my wife, not everything I may say here will be absolutely true I may on ocassion embellish a little for effect.
That said when it comes to motorbikes, I like to ride side saddle with a nice frock

mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

#5 Post by mangocrazy » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:55 pm

I really don't see how allowing SWMBO to be able to interrupt my train of thought, attract my attention to cute animals we've just passed or offer her advice on a whole raft of topics including the route we are taking would do anything to enrich my life.

Quite the opposite, in fact.

Therefore I shall pass up on this once in a lifetime offer and make sure that, if we are ever in Aldi or Lidl, I keep her well away from that section.

I don't listen to music on the bike, either.

HisNibbs
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#6 Post by HisNibbs » Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:12 pm

You only talk with the pillion when the rider presses a switch.

I've only bought it for the Sat Nav voice instructions as I don't like trying to follow a map or reading, while riding.

mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

#7 Post by mangocrazy » Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:19 pm

HisNibbs wrote:You only talk with the pillion when the rider presses a switch.

I've only bought it for the Sat Nav voice instructions as I don't like trying to follow a map or reading, while riding.
I can see that form of control rapidly passing to the pillion, in our household. :smt003

Nope, not for me. No sirree Bob... :smt004