Rider pillion intercom

Looking to buy a new helmet, clothing or accessories? Ask for opinions and advice here.

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

zoidberg
SuperSport Racer
SuperSport Racer

Rider pillion intercom

#1 Post by zoidberg » Sun May 09, 2021 8:23 pm

Does anyone have any recommendations for a rider to pillion intercom for sensible money?

mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

Re: Rider pillion intercom

#2 Post by mangocrazy » Sun May 09, 2021 10:34 pm

Hmmm. The last thing I want when riding is my partner chirping in my ear at random (and frequent) intervals... Back when Aldi/Lidl did motorbike gear I seem to remember they had some inexpensive intercoms, but they've not done any bike stuff since Covid hit.

zoidberg
SuperSport Racer
SuperSport Racer

#3 Post by zoidberg » Mon May 10, 2021 6:35 am

Haha, you could always mute them.

katie1
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer
Main bike: S1000RR, 1290 SDGT

#4 Post by katie1 » Mon May 10, 2021 1:14 pm

I'm with Graham on this one! Last thing my other half wants to hear is my verbal reaction to some of the more 'interesting' moments - she's happy to know that everything is fine, thank you very much :smt003
Remember, when you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It is only painful for others.
The same applies when you are stupid.

mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

#5 Post by mangocrazy » Wed May 12, 2021 3:03 pm

katie1 wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 1:14 pm
I'm with Graham on this one! Last thing my other half wants to hear is my verbal reaction to some of the more 'interesting' moments - she's happy to know that everything is fine, thank you very much :smt003
Yes, quite. It would either be me swearing/chuntering at other road users and upsetting the other half or Mrs Mango getting alarmed or excited about something and distracting me just when I needed to concentrate.

Not going down that road...

Viking
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#6 Post by Viking » Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:38 am

To be fair, a rider-to-rider intercom is great, especially for passing warnings or navigation information to each other. Rider-to-pillion, on the other hand, probably not so great...

Not much use to anyone, but Aldi down here in Oz just did another run of bike gear this past week. Helmets, intercoms, thermals, gloves, tank/tail bags and a cover to keep over the bike.
It's the V-twin thing. There's just something about it that inline-4s don't have at all, and V-4s don't have enough of.

mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

#7 Post by mangocrazy » Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:04 pm

That's encouraging - I've been waiting for Aldi/Lidl to bring out their biking gear. They missed in 2020 and 2021, doubtless due to CV-19. Not much point in trying to flog bike gear if everyone's in lockdown...

Three Dawg
Despatch Rider

#8 Post by Three Dawg » Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:06 pm

Miserable bastards. I like talking to Mrs 3D as we trundle along (on the GS)! We've used an Interphone F3 for years. Not the best sound perhaps, but it works.

joyeyem
Pizza Delivery Rider
Pizza Delivery Rider

#9 Post by joyeyem » Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:19 am

The least desirable experience for me while riding is having my partner randomly and frequently talking in my ear. I recall that Aldi/Lidl used to offer affordable intercoms for motorcycles, but they haven't stocked any motorcycle gear since the onset of Covid.