Make your first post here!

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

MartDude
Admin
Admin

I need a drink

#1 Post by MartDude » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:43 pm

In fact, lots of drinks.

Earlier this year I posted that I was on a 3-day week, and made appropriate whingeing noises.

For the last month I've been back on full time - but with a vengeance - average 57 hrs p/wk. Largely because of the f**king useless, idle, clock-watching, skiving, inattentive, half-arsed juvenile big girls' blouses I'm landed with as staff. Worked all today, same tomorrow, because they can't complete their bits of the job on time & to standard. I'm a month off 57, they're 19 - 21, they moan about being tired, they've got glue & filler on their hands, they're acheing, they're bored etc etc. If they're waiting for someone to complete a stage of the process before they get going again, instead of doing something useful, such as sweeping up, putting tools away, they fanny about with their f*8king i-phones & Facebook, and only reluctantly get moving. Can't get through to them that our survival, and their wages, depends on getting these contracts fulfilled on time, especially those contracts with new customers.

Anyway, I've so far had Becks, Stella, Grenache Noir, Amaretto. What next? Posssibly absinthe.

If anyone fancies dropping round, the drinks cupboard is wide open
It flies sideways through time
It's an electric line
To your zodiac sign
I've got a Black and Silver Machine!

Aladinsaneuk
Aprilia Admin

#2 Post by Aladinsaneuk » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:10 pm

may I suggest a Meths Frappe?

(I need one as well - one of my staff had a respiratory arrest at work today....)

Let's face it, you wouldn't go to a nurse to get good advice on a problem with a Falco - you'd choose an Engineer or a mechanic...

Willopotomas
GP Racer
GP Racer

#3 Post by Willopotomas » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:21 am

Know what you mean regarding idle staff. Seems to be a lot of places saying the same thing about that particular age group. Have their phones taken away, or banned from the shop-floor (dangerous distraction) and stick them on piece work. They'll soon get motivated when they see their pay packets getting thinner and thinner. :smt002
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handle bars to the saddle.

BikerGran
Gran Turismo

#4 Post by BikerGran » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:08 pm

What makes me really mad - along the same lines - is that you can be as useless as you like at work just as long as you actually put in an appearance - the cardinal sin is to be sick! Doesn't matter how real it is, they start all this 'Capability Procedure' which just adds more stress to whatever you are suffering from, like my mate who was suffering from stress (caused I might add by a bullying manager) - and like me when they called me in for a 'Capability hearing' when I had my broken leg in a frame. Got my own back there tho, I made sure I put my uncovered leg up on a stool (it was necessary) and the manager took one look and nearly threw up!
The tragedy of old age is not that one is old, but that one is young.

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#5 Post by D-Rider » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:16 pm

BikerGran wrote: like my mate who was suffering from stress (caused I might add by a bullying manager)
Bullying in the workplace - this is a serious situation with legislation to protect the worker.
This is drummed in to all of the managers at work as the company is responsible for ensuring this doesn't happen - irrespective of who causes the bullying - management, colleagues, whoever.
“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein

kiwi_rsvr
Track Day Addict
Track Day Addict

#6 Post by kiwi_rsvr » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:02 pm

Kids these days are just useless shitheads, and its societys fault. Everytime they ask for something we give it to them.

BikerGran
Gran Turismo

#7 Post by BikerGran » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:44 pm

D-Rider wrote: Bullying in the workplace - this is a serious situation with legislation to protect the worker.
This is drummed in to all of the managers at work as the company is responsible for ensuring this doesn't happen - irrespective of who causes the bullying - management, colleagues, whoever.
The trouble is, it's very difficult to prove, and when you are suffering from the kind of stress that has you hospitalised with breathing problems, you are in no fit state to tackle it - that's how they get away with it.
The tragedy of old age is not that one is old, but that one is young.

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#8 Post by D-Rider » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:05 pm

BikerGran wrote:
D-Rider wrote: Bullying in the workplace - this is a serious situation with legislation to protect the worker.
The trouble is, it's very difficult to prove, and when you are suffering from the kind of stress that has you hospitalised with breathing problems, you are in no fit state to tackle it - that's how they get away with it.
Yes - I know - the person being bullied is often just not up to fighting things - they just want it to go away.
“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein