Crashed biker wants to say thanks to her rescuers!

Make your first post here!

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

sarahzrx
Despatch Rider

Crashed biker wants to say thanks to her rescuers!

#1 Post by sarahzrx » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:54 am

Hi

My name is Sarah and I want to thank the guys and Marian for stopping to help me when I took a corner too fast on way home from Cadwell park, BSB, Bank Holiday Monday, and lost the front end, slid across the road and ended up feeling like a right pratt sitting on my backside on the grass verge, while my boooootiful bike ended up upside a tree. Anyway, I'm fine apart from being tinged all over with yellow and green from various bruises and a badly swollen right thumb! I'm pretty sure my bike is repairable, but will find out for sure later this week.

I bawled like a baby all the way home from Boston hospital (hour and half) on back of my friends bike as I miss my bike so much, got home at midnight and sat blubbering at the computer til 2.30am til I'd finished my dissertation! It got handed in on time!

Well thanks again to you guys. Please tell Marian I was so pleased she was there. Would love to meet up with you all and say thanks in person. My email is sarahzrx@yahoo.com, hope to hear from you soon and maybe see you at the BMF.

Loadsa luv and thanks Sarah :smt001

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#2 Post by D-Rider » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:39 am

Welcome to the forum Sarah.
Pete, one of those those that stopped for you, called me that evening (as we'd failed to find each other at Cadwell) and mentioned that he'd stopped to help you. I know they were happy to help out. Good that they were medically trained too.

Hope you heal up quick and get your bike sorted out (is it recoverable?).

Anyway, the plus side is that you've found this forum .... but next time find a less painful way to introduce yourself.

:smt002

BTW .... maybe our emoticons predicted your thumb :smt023 ...........

Samray
Double World Champion

#3 Post by Samray » Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:12 pm

Oh dear !
Glad you are ok ... ish.
Hope the same will be said about the bike.
There are nice people here aren't there. :smt001

... and welcome. :smt003

sarahzrx
Despatch Rider

#4 Post by sarahzrx » Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:52 pm

Thanks for the replies and welcome - it was a bit of a drastic way to meet new people, but hey, at least some good has come out of it! The bike should be on it's way to Middlesex to be assessed, guess I'll find out later on this week what the damage is. Drove up to see it at the recovery yard and I'm pretty sure it's repairable - looks mostly cosmetic, except for left-hand sidecasing and oil from forks, hopefully just seals gone. Looks pretty sad tho, bless it's kwaka (is that a bad word here?) sox.

Well, now I'm here I guess you'll just have to put up with me!

:smt002

Samray
Double World Champion

#5 Post by Samray » Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:57 pm

*Hint* Admin is called Kwakerz. :smt002

snapdragon
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#6 Post by snapdragon » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:01 pm

Welcome in Sarah :) hope your bruises feel better soon - and your bike mended too :smt006
Snappy ~~X~X~{:>

Kwackerz
Admin
Admin

#7 Post by Kwackerz » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:36 pm

Hi Sarah, Welcome to RiderSite! :smt001 :smt001

Kawasaki is NEVER a bad word here. :smt003

Glad you're ok and fingers crossed for the Kwack getting back to it's old self. :smt001

There's a couple of Kwack GPz900 riders kicking about here (Sam and myself) as well as a few other kwack owners hidden in the woodwork.

Make yerself at home.
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly

Aladinsaneuk
Aprilia Admin

#8 Post by Aladinsaneuk » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:20 pm

Glad you are ok and hope the bike is not to bad

and if only kawasaki made a V twin, then the admins may smell less.....

BTW - I am pete, the mouthy bugger who helped you with marion

:)

I cross posted this over to other fprums that I know she lurks on, and left a rude message for her at the AandE dept she works at - I am nice like that :)

feel free to enjoy the chat, we are friendly, but may have the odd v twin bias....

HowardQ
World Champion

#9 Post by HowardQ » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:28 pm

Aladinsaneuk wrote:Glad you are ok and hope the bike is not to bad

and if only kawasaki made a V twin, then the admins may smell less.....

BTW - I am pete, the mouthy bugger who helped you with marion

:)

I cross posted this over to other fprums that I know she lurks on, and left a rude message for her at the AandE dept she works at - I am nice like that :)

feel free to enjoy the chat, we are friendly, but may have the odd v twin bias....
Sorry Pete, there's nothin ODD about V Twin bias................... it's perfectly normal, especially if its a V60. :smt007
:smt006
Welcome Sarah, hope you are soon well, I had my first ever off last December so I know what its like, hope you also get the Kwack sorted quickly.

BikerGran
Gran Turismo

#10 Post by BikerGran » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:48 pm

Welcome Sarah! :smt006

A few have a V twin bias, but they're mostly male so have delusions of grandeur!

And I'm not famous for lurking in the woodwork but I do ride a Kwak GT550 - mine happens to have 3 wheels!

And by the way Howard
if only kawasaki made a V twin,

Falcopops
GP Racer
GP Racer

#11 Post by Falcopops » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:01 am

Hi Sarah, strange way to get yourself accepted into a forum.

Most people simply sign up while they still have a bike.

Mind you I'm sure Pete is used to women throwing themselves at him, the handsome old dog :smt002

Hammy
Admin
Admin

#12 Post by Hammy » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:27 am

Glad you're okay, and big 'up!' to the guys for helping ya!

:smt004
Support RiderSite!

Falco9
Aprilia Admin

#13 Post by Falco9 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:47 am

Welcome on board Sarah, as previously mentioned "Kawasaki" is never a bad word as long at it has the word "triple" following it!

Pleased to hear your OK, hopefully the bike will get sorted, but if not buy an Aprilia, a few round here will vouch for them (me included)

Welcome to the RS site anyway :smt003

F9 :smt006

sarahzrx
Despatch Rider

#14 Post by sarahzrx » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:44 pm

Cheers to all you friendly folk, sorry I can't oblige with the 'triple' after Kawasaki as mine is/was - hopefully will be again - a zrx1100, we've done many miles together over the past 5 years, took our first trip to Europe at the end of June (and missed all the rain here!), did over 2000 miles down to south of France and up into Andorra without skipping a beat, so we are very close and hate to be parted. But must be honest, I have been lusting after an Aprilia ever since seeing a Falco down at Hunstanton, but that's not the reason I chucked my kwaka down the road!

Hope to find out tomorrow or Thurs what the damage is, might be time to go into another monumental sulk :smt002

Thanks again for all the good wishes - much appreciated

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#15 Post by D-Rider » Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:35 pm

sarahzrx wrote: But must be honest, I have been lusting after an Aprilia ever since seeing a Falco down at Hunstanton,
SHE'S PASSED THE TEST !!

Not just Aprilia but FALCO :smt004

Cue major applause from a huge part of the forum.

You certainly know how to win friends here :smt052

{Kwackerz - I'd like to point out that the preference expressed was FALCO not mille}