Please join me for a cold one on a good sunny day...

Make your first post here!

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

fatboy
World Champion

Please join me for a cold one on a good sunny day...

#1 Post by fatboy » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:56 pm

The day is good because I have just done the deal on a 2011 RC8, spotless with all of 7000 miles on the clock.
The day is also good because the bank said YES, I can now tell the finance company to keep their nasty hidden charges,I can also tell MCN insurance to fuck off with the ridiculous quote for full comp that the finance company insist on.
My only worry now is 'Will it be loud enough ?'
I will not loose too much sleep over that one :smt004
Cleverly disguised as an adult !

Greg
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

#2 Post by Greg » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:50 pm

Top job Fats ..

I've already had the beer, no lunch though and quite pissed cos it's; super hot ..
You don't get a warm-up lap for life...

mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

#3 Post by mangocrazy » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:52 pm

Good Man! I'm sure it will bring a smile a mile wide to your face... :smt003 Looks like the KTM section of the forum will have increased activity - photos a must as soon as you are able...

fatboy
World Champion

#4 Post by fatboy » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:40 pm

I am really looking forward to taking delivery of this big slab of orange finery !
Was talking to a guy at work who borrowed his mates RC8, he said the handling was so good that it was elbow, knee and toe slider down at every opportunity !
Unfortunately this is the base model not the R but I,m sure there will be a lot to enjoy.
Should be here this week, I'm feeling like a child a few days before Christmas !!!

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#5 Post by D-Rider » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:03 am

Hmmm - an ultra-fine bike with concrete-slab seat.

Sounds a lot of fun (if you can find an appropriate cushion)
Time to release your "inner Bradley" :smt003

Now which way to the bar .....
“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein

Gio
Double World Champion

#6 Post by Gio » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:16 am

Didn't know until I looked it up that it was a KTM. Trouble is will you ever be able to use it as intended seeing as its a road legal race bike?
I hate it when people ask if you have a bathroom, I want to say "No we pee in the garden"

fatboy
World Champion

#7 Post by fatboy » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:39 pm

I will report on performance and comfort once the slabsider has been evaluated.
There are a great number of performance bikes on the road that only see their full potential on track but the thrill of owning something like that is overtaking in a nano second .
TBH I have never had the Falco at max chat, never had the safe space to do so.
As my mate said when he bought his RSV4 ' Fuck me, that's not a road bike, it's a race bike with a number plate '

mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

#8 Post by mangocrazy » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:43 pm

A guy I know on the VFR forum had the RC8R and he maintained it was absolutely the best thing he'd ever ridden. Yes, it was ballistically fast if you were inclined, but it was also an amazingly composed and comfortable day to day bike. He went touring on it around the UK and loved it to bits. It was comfortable and ergonomic on the boring bits and bonkers on the twisty bits. If I didn't have a wife that gets mumpy every time she sees my single seat 888 (why hasn't it got a passenger seat!?!?), I'd have one in a heartbeat.