Make your first post here!

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

Kwackerz
Admin
Admin

A sad day at the TT

#1 Post by Kwackerz » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:41 pm

Serious incident during Senior TT
The organisers of the Isle of Man TT Races, the Manx Motor Cycle Club Limited, can confirm that a rider has died from injuries sustained in the Senior race on Friday 8th June 2007.

He was involved in an incident at the 26th Milestone on the Mountain and was confirmed dead at the scene.

The incident at the 26th Milestone also involved four other people.

One person was also confirmed dead at the scene. An additional person was confirmed dead after admission at Nobles hospital. Two further people were also involved in the incident and have sustained injuries.

The Coroner of Inquest has been informed and an investigation into the circumstances of the accident is underway.

The organisers of the event express their sympathy to the families and friends of those involved.

I would like to raise a glass and give a thought for those who've been lost. A sad day.

RIP :smt012
Last edited by Kwackerz on Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#2 Post by D-Rider » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:53 pm

Sad indeed.

A high price for having fun.

Condolences to those they leave behind.

Samray
Double World Champion

#3 Post by Samray » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:57 pm

Very sad,

It seems the rider was a 30 year old from Norfolk.

Kwackerz
Admin
Admin

#4 Post by Kwackerz » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:13 pm

The organisers of the Isle of Man TT Races, the Manx Motor Cycle Club Limited, have released to name of the competitor who died this afternoon during the Senior TT. He was 34-year-old Marc Ramsbotham, a married man from Norfolk, who worked as a HGV Driver and Plant Fitter. He was a Newcomer to the event. The Club extends its sympathy to his wife, family and friends. ...

Marc was a MRO rider, riding an Aprilia RSV Factory during 2004, as well as other marques.

RIP Marc :smt011 :smt011
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly

Gio
Double World Champion

#5 Post by Gio » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:38 pm

Sad indeed.

But I'm sure they all understood the risks, seems someone dies every year

BikerGran
Gran Turismo

#6 Post by BikerGran » Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:26 pm

Have to agree with Gio, nevertheless it's sad to hear of a death.
The tragedy of old age is not that one is old, but that one is young.

Falco9
Aprilia Admin

#7 Post by Falco9 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:03 pm

I came home from the TT this year and really hoped (and thought) we would get away without a fatality this year, very very sad for all concerned. My deepest condolences to all of Marcs family & friends and of course the family and friends of the spectators killed as well.

I'll be interested to know the circumstances surrounding this accident. The 26th Milestone (or Joey's) is not known for too many accidents that I can remember, although the speed carried through there is extremely high.

Completely of no consequence either way of course, a crash virtually anywhere on the course carries a very high chance of a fatalilty such are the speeds carried and the lack of any clearance.

As Peter has said, everyone knows the risks, and some utlimately pay the highest price. Personally I'd give my right arm for a chance to race there.

It is and always will be the ulitimate challenge (IMHO of course)

F9