Drinks are on me from Cyprus!

Make your first post here!

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

HowardQ
World Champion

#1 Post by HowardQ » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:55 pm

Arrived in Cyprus a few hours ago, the villa we are staying in is bloody massive and really nice, in the usual Sea Caves area at Coral Bay.
Temp is 23C but feels hotter.
Just been to the supermarket and stocked with the local Keo beer, as well as general food stuff, and it's going down well, so happy to share it with everybody.
So drink up until the fridge runs out.
It's been a long day, was up at 03:15 and flew from Brum..
Will be here for a couple of weeks and just got the WiFi working.
Everything seems to be pretty much as was, so not closed yet.

Congrtats on you good news Pete!
:smt023

Catch you all later.
HowardQ

Take a ride on the Dark Side :smt004 :smt096 :smt004

2001 Aprilia Falco in Black
2002 Kawasaki ZX9R F1P

flatlander
Eprom Test Pilot (Stig)

#2 Post by flatlander » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:09 pm

must be cheap as fek why not buy the island and launch our own CC series :smt001
For the avoidance of doubt and for the benefit of my wife, not everything I may say here will be absolutely true I may on ocassion embellish a little for effect.
That said when it comes to motorbikes, I like to ride side saddle with a nice frock

Dalemac
Midnight Rider

#3 Post by Dalemac » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:38 pm

Enjoy! I have been to the coral bay/paphos area twice (for a total of 5 weeks) and loved it both times.

Ahh, KEO. Quite a nice refreshing and cheap beer :D

If you are hiring bikes, I strongly reccommend going up Mt troodos, it's pretty much constant twisties, tarmac, and hardly a car on the road. (Some might say heaven).

If you go off roading, there are some awesome novice/medium trails along the coast lines of the island towards Polis. That's what we did the day Michael Jackson died.

Also, don't forget to drop into coral sunset. They will put any sport you want to watch on the TV, and they have free wifi.

I'm guessing you won't, but if you need any restaurant recommendations, let me know!

Have fun, wish i could join you!

Dale

Aladinsaneuk
Aprilia Admin

#4 Post by Aladinsaneuk » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:20 pm

git!

have fun :)

Let's face it, you wouldn't go to a nurse to get good advice on a problem with a Falco - you'd choose an Engineer or a mechanic...

BikerGran
Gran Turismo

#5 Post by BikerGran » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:41 pm

Cyprus! Went there years ago, cried when I had to leave. We stayed in/near Larnaca and Limassol and visited Paphos.

I'll never forget when we drove up to a mountain village, Akrounda, and when we were going back down it was going home from work time and we nearly got run off the (somewhat precipitous) road several times! We discovered afterwards that anyone in the know would not be on that road at that time because of what were known as 'the Akrounda Cowboys'

:smt003
The tragedy of old age is not that one is old, but that one is young.

slickliner6
SuperSport Racer
SuperSport Racer

#6 Post by slickliner6 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:51 am

Ill forgo the usual twat......
Ill have one of your keo,s cheers
A day without a laugh is a day wasted.

we were so poor when i was growing up.Dad said "its a good job i was born a boy,at least id have something to play with" ;-)

HowardQ
World Champion

#7 Post by HowardQ » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:06 pm

It's nice and warm here so still drinking em myself sat at the side of the pool, will pop out soon and get a fridge refill.
Only thing missing is the Falco, as sadly I only have a rental car, but will have to make do.
Still struggling to take this place in.
Five weeks before the holiday we got an email to say there was a problem with our villa, as the one next door was having major work done, so ours was not now being rented, and said they would be back with further news soon.
it was the day before the news broke about the EEC problems here.
Looked at other villas on the Villa Plus site and the only other one I could find in the area that was free was this one about 200 metres away.
Unfortunately (?!!!!!!) it was quite different with 5 double bedrooms, 4 bathrooms and a bigger pool. Still had aircon, pool heating and WiFi thrown in.
This place must be worth way into seven figures before the problems and should have cost another £340 more than ours. Talked to the company and said I would like this place, but did not want to pay the full extra cost as was not our fault. He said it would be plus £340, I said not that much and may need a full refund as, this near to the Hols, James Villas had some nice stuff discounted 50% (actually not this nice!).
He went away and came back and said, will an extra £90 be OK for the two weeks, I choked and bit his hand off.
Can't believe we are in a place like this, it's bloody massive, could probably fit all you lot in for the day.
About 200 metres from the sea, south facing with almost uninterrupted 180 degree sea views to the front, and hills to the rear and it has a really nice "Mirage" pool.
Only problem is that I keep loosing the wife, there are so many rooms here, plus an extra large sun terrace on he first floor going around two sides.
Sorry to go on, don't want to piss people off, just amazed to be here, never get this lucky again, back to the pool for now.
Grab another Keo when you want one!
Last edited by HowardQ on Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HowardQ

2002 Kawasaki ZX9R F1P

Dalemac
Midnight Rider

#8 Post by Dalemac » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:56 pm

Sounds amazing Howard! not pissed off, just jealous!

I do actually love Cyprus. We had the most amazing thunder storm when we were there last October. It was fascinating.

It's a real same about the EEC problems. Too many people have been screwed over.

fatboy
World Champion

#9 Post by fatboy » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:35 pm

Sounds effing brilliant, enjoy !
Cleverly disguised as an adult !

danthewhippet
Despatch Rider

#10 Post by danthewhippet » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:36 am

HowardQ wrote:Can't believe we are in a place like this, it's bloody massive, could probably fit all you lot in for the day.
Be there soon :smt003 :smt003
OOPS....There goes another pillion!!

DavShill
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#11 Post by DavShill » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:06 pm

Sounds great Howard - enjoy it while you still can. Cheers.

flatlander
Eprom Test Pilot (Stig)

#12 Post by flatlander » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:35 pm

Howard where the hell are you I've been up and down this beach 20 times now !!!... You did say you could fit us all in and the wife being preggers needs a lie down can you just come out and wave a hankie or something :smt010
For the avoidance of doubt and for the benefit of my wife, not everything I may say here will be absolutely true I may on ocassion embellish a little for effect.
That said when it comes to motorbikes, I like to ride side saddle with a nice frock

GinMonster
Despatch Rider

#13 Post by GinMonster » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:07 pm

Seeing as we're in Cyprus, I'll have a glass of Commandaria with you - oh and some cashews if you please. :smt003
If you want breakfast in bed, sleep in the kitchen!

HowardQ
World Champion

#14 Post by HowardQ » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:12 pm

flatlander wrote:Howard where the hell are you I've been up and down this beach 20 times now !!!... You did say you could fit us all in and the wife being preggers needs a lie down can you just come out and wave a hankie or something :smt010
If you're on the beach, there's a way to go yet.
You need to be on the coast path out of Coral Bay towards Sea Caves, along the cliffs.
Turn right up the first path about 200 metres after the beached Syrian Freighter and keep going for another 200 metres towards the smoke signals, (no hankie).
Wish I could say it was the Barbie still going, but we had a bush fire on the open land straight over the road and the laid back Cypriot Fire Service, (when they finally got here), didn't put it all out, so we have about 5 fires still burning.
Love their H&S gear, the two blokes turned up in shorts, T'shirts, leather sandles and Ray Bans. They then walked over the burnt area with a hose, and some people think we breed 'em tough.
If only they had enough water to put it out! Not sure they can still afford it.

The Keo's are still cold if you can make it.
HowardQ

2002 Kawasaki ZX9R F1P