Mot

Make your first post here!

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

blinkey501
World Champion

Mot

#1 Post by blinkey501 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:12 pm

Well tis the time of year to put the bikes throught the MOT.
I took the storm trooper and all was well until it came to testing the lights. Nothing!!! I had that horrible sinking feeling :smt012 . All was ok when i checked everything this morning.
Having checked the fuses and they were ok i decided to ring pete which i apreciate him taking time out of his busy schedule to give some advice.
The tester lent me some allen keys so i could remove the screen and dash to check the multi plug. Nope not that :smt017
After a bit of poking around i found a broken wire from the switch gear to the multiplug. The tester soldered it back togeather for me and everything worked.
Result.
Seem has i had some time spare this afternoon i decided to take the oasis through but no problems there and no advisorys on either bike so.
The bar is open folks and the drinks are on me :smt110
Tolerance will be our undoing.

slickliner6
SuperSport Racer
SuperSport Racer

#2 Post by slickliner6 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:24 pm

mmmmm bottle of oasis for me.(kind of apt i thought)lol

cheers :smt002
A day without a laugh is a day wasted.

we were so poor when i was growing up.Dad said "its a good job i was born a boy,at least id have something to play with" ;-)

nicketynoo
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

#3 Post by nicketynoo » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:54 pm

Not only did you get 2 bikes through the MOT but you also fitted the best, cheapest performance aid I've ever had fitted to my bikes! The ride home was awesome and now the RGV corners like its on rails. Many thanks u r a mechanical genius! :smt005 :smt002
I don't care if you lick windows,
Take the special bus
Or occasionally pee on yourself.
You hang in there sunshine, you're special!

Aladinsaneuk
Aprilia Admin

#4 Post by Aladinsaneuk » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:04 pm

ahem

divine intervention??

Let's face it, you wouldn't go to a nurse to get good advice on a problem with a Falco - you'd choose an Engineer or a mechanic...

HisNibbs
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#5 Post by HisNibbs » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:18 pm

Got the BMW through the MOT last week. So running that for a bit at the moment. Very cozy!
Don't put off 'till tomorrow what you can enjoy today

randomsquid
Wear the Fox Hat

#6 Post by randomsquid » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:30 pm

Did mine this week. Falco sailed through.
The other one I had to spend about £100 quid on various rubber things to make it compliant. Then I had to clear the drive before it would go out. Think it must be a female bike. More beer.
Where ever I lay my hat.....

fatboy
World Champion

#7 Post by fatboy » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:28 pm

Nice one Blinkey, good job the tester was a freindly sort.
last car mot last year my rear fog lamp bulb blew, I had a spare but the miserable old goat refused to let me fit new bulb and insisted on re test :smt011
pint of gin and tonic please !
Cleverly disguised as an adult !

blinkey501
World Champion

#8 Post by blinkey501 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:56 pm

fatboy wrote:Nice one Blinkey, good job the tester was a freindly sort.
last car mot last year my rear fog lamp bulb blew, I had a spare but the miserable old goat refused to let me fit new bulb and insisted on re test :smt011
pint of gin and tonic please !

Mmm the difference is I will be using this tester again and I will recommend him.
Don't get me wrong I expect a tester to let me know if there is anything wrong with any of my vehicles.
( Firm but fair)
Would you say that about your tester. :smt017

randomsquid
Wear the Fox Hat

#9 Post by randomsquid » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:45 pm

blinkey501 wrote: Don't get me wrong I expect a tester to let me know if there is anything wrong with any of my vehicles.
( Firm but fair)
That sums up the bloke I use. He's been in the game longer than I've been alive and he's got a very sensible attitude. Last year my headlight aim was off because the suspension had been done. Without any fuss he stuck his hand in the fairing and set it.

I've watched him show a youth on a CG how to set up his drum brake for nowt before putting the bike through.
Where ever I lay my hat.....

blinkey501
World Champion

#10 Post by blinkey501 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:40 am

randomsquid wrote:
blinkey501 wrote: Don't get me wrong I expect a tester to let me know if there is anything wrong with any of my vehicles.
( Firm but fair)
That sums up the bloke I use. He's been in the game longer than I've been alive and he's got a very sensible attitude. Last year my headlight aim was off because the suspension had been done. Without any fuss he stuck his hand in the fairing and set it.

I've watched him show a youth on a CG how to set up his drum brake for nowt before putting the bike through.
I tend to find in life john that majority of testers are quite good, has I say if they are keen I don't mind, but I have worked part time in a test bay many moons ago and know when they are keen or being a twat.
Most will try and help you :smt003