Its been a while

Make your first post here!

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

Gio
Double World Champion

Its been a while

#1 Post by Gio » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:11 pm

So cards behind the bar.

I'll have a very large G&T as this weeks been so shite, as I'm getting jumpy as to what the docs will find out whats wrong with my pins tomorrow. (don't ask) its just me blathering like a fool again.
I hate it when people ask if you have a bathroom, I want to say "No we pee in the garden"

Kwackerz
Admin
Admin

#2 Post by Kwackerz » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:43 am

I picked Sam up yesterday from the funeral director's (we had to wait to collect his ashes due to various things) anyway, used his old Van, Christine.

Running fine, no problems ever.. well i pulled in at the FD's and parked up. went in saw the cute lil girlie who directs stuff in a funeral like manner and collected the old boy. popped him in the passenger seat strapped him in and all that in his velvet suited bottle.. can.. thing..

Urn.. thats the word.. Urn..

I started the van as normal and fuck me if all the error codes in the world started to flash on the light by the digital clock. van ran absolutely fine. really. smooth as anything but the light was going ten to the dozen and very erratic.. it went off at hempnall and we pulled up ok. took his lordship out and in to where mum wanted him, then went back out to the van and checked to see what the codes were. started as normal.. and.... nothing. no error code light flashes or anything. everything back to normal.

I therefore take it he is back to his normal self and was probably trying to morse code me his laptimes and position in his races against the greats.. bet he beat Sheene.

Thought i would share that very very strange event anyways. He no doubt sends his regards and would like a large JD while youre at the bar Peter. :smt001
...as do I...
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly

fatboy
World Champion

#3 Post by fatboy » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:39 pm

That's some weird !
Guess we should all head to the bar, large one for Sam, no ice !
Cleverly disguised as an adult !

randomsquid
Wear the Fox Hat

#4 Post by randomsquid » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:40 pm

Kwackerz wrote: Thought i would share that very very strange event anyways. He no doubt sends his regards and would like a large JD while youre at the bar Peter. :smt001
...as do I...
I'll have a coffee with you both, or I might go over the road and buy some booze...

I'm not big on the strange and uncanny but after our mum died I'd been mooching about downstairs for a cd so we could pick music for the funeral. Went upstairs and the wardrobe in her room was open for some reason. On the shelf at the top was the cd I'd been after.
Where ever I lay my hat.....

Gio
Double World Champion

#5 Post by Gio » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:52 pm

Darn Tim I still have that bottle of JD, I forgot to bring it when i visited, musta been :smt015
I hate it when people ask if you have a bathroom, I want to say "No we pee in the garden"

slickliner6
SuperSport Racer
SuperSport Racer

#6 Post by slickliner6 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:54 pm

Cheers mines a pint "act-a-twat" please
A day without a laugh is a day wasted.

we were so poor when i was growing up.Dad said "its a good job i was born a boy,at least id have something to play with" ;-)

BikerGran
Gran Turismo

#7 Post by BikerGran » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:04 pm

Usual red for me and I'll drink to Sam letting you know he's got his eye on you!

When my Dad died - well before he died, he was taken to hospital in the evening having had a couple of strokes. I don't think they expected him to die as we went home - and at 3am Mum and I met in the corridor of our bungalow having heard a big crash. Our house was on a nasty bend on the old A44 and we'd previously provided blankets for shocked drivers and passengers and cups of tea for them and the attending emergency services, so off we went outside to look for the wreck but there was nothing there.

Nothing else to do, we had a cup of tea and went back to bed.

The hospital phoned at 8 to say my Dad had passed away at 3am.

Might have been coincidence but I've always felt it was Dad arriving in the next place as precipitately as he did most things!
The tragedy of old age is not that one is old, but that one is young.